Is this a bug or feature? - Notification center & Live tile experience

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I just recently upgraded my Lumia 620 last night and I ended up staying up until 2:30AM. thank you Cortana! I just noticed this.
When you receive emails and you check it via the notification center for example there are 3 new mails and you tap an item on the notification center it takes you to the mail app and you read your mail. Go back to notification center and unread mail is 2 - that's okay but things get weird when you go to start screen and open the live tile mail app. I go to live tile mail app don't read anything and exit and when I checked notification center, there are no more emails. This is true for all mails - gmail, hotmail. even the Facebook messenger. Just asking is this the normal situation or this is a bug? In IOS when you open the email and you do not read it the count remains even when you exit the app w/o reading an item. Just asking.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It's not a bug :p or if it is then we all have it lol so no it's just the way it's meant to be for now.. just remember if you want to keep the count then don't go into mailbox :D also when in notification center you can swipe to right to clear all related notifications

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I just recently upgraded my Lumia 620 last night and I ended up staying up until 2:30AM. thank you Cortana! I just noticed this.
When you receive emails and you check it via the notification center for example there are 3 new mails and you tap an item on the notification center it takes you to the mail app and you read your mail. Go back to notification center and unread mail is 2 - that's okay but things get weird when you go to start screen and open the live tile mail app. I go to live tile mail app don't read anything and exit and when I checked notification center, there are no more emails. This is true for all mails - gmail, hotmail. even the Facebook messenger. Just asking is this the normal situation or this is a bug? In IOS when you open the email and you do not read it the count remains even when you exit the app w/o reading an item. Just asking.

Why notify you when you went into the app and saw the emails you missed? ;)

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I understand both behaviours (delete it from notification center or not). If it weren't deleted from notification center when opening the app, we'd all be like "It's not logical, WTF MS?".
They took a decision, that's all. And BTW, it's consistent with the live tile behaviour (the number of new mails is set to 0 when opening the app).

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Its a consistent behavior but not logical. Hope they fixed that in WP 9 or update 2 or whatever. Right now I don;t really use the notification center that much. Live tiles did it for me and for the action center the status tiles did that for me too but anyways not everyone is like me so the option to have it is good.

I understand both behaviours (delete it from notification center or not). If it weren't deleted from notification center when opening the app, we'd all be like "It's not logical, WTF MS?".
They took a decision, that's all. And BTW, it's consistent with the live tile behaviour (the number of new mails is set to 0 when opening the app).

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Basically the notification centre mirrors the live tile, so they are always in sync. The live tile has always had this behaviour, even in Windows Phone 8, so there is no change to behaviour, just that now there is an extra notification in the NC.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Its a consistent behavior but not logical. Hope they fixed that in WP 9 or update 2 or whatever. Right now I don;t really use the notification center that much. Live tiles did it for me and for the action center the status tiles did that for me too but anyways not everyone is like me so the option to have it is good.

You can disable any app for show notifications on the notification center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos