Revert to 8.0

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
HTC 8XT. There has to be a way to revert back to WP8.0. Even if it involves flashing from recovery. My phone is literally unusable with 8.1, even if I could deal with all the shortcomings and things I've lost in the update, the phone constantly crashes and data only works intermittently.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Try removing the dev preview app (first untick the box that allows you to unlock your phone) and then do a hard reset.. Not sure it'll work but give it a try if ya want :) or just go with your way and flash

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yea my phone has been fine so far with the update, but i have a 925.. I would definitely not want to do a hard reset... Considering all of the bad posts i've read so far....

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
HTC 8XT. There has to be a way to revert back to WP8.0. Even if it involves flashing from recovery. My phone is literally unusable with 8.1, even if I could deal with all the shortcomings and things I've lost in the update, the phone constantly crashes and data only works intermittently.

I was in the same boat as you, I uninstalled (Bing) Weather, rebooted, and now my HTC 8XT works flawlessly. Honestly...not 1 crash, not 1 lag, 4G data & wifi are working great.

Any chance you have that app installed? I did not need a hard reset either, just uninstalled Weather (& Domino's app...but no way its the Domino's app)...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Didn't catch the post about Bing Weather before I decided to attempt the hard reset. At device activation now...

Yeah, if the mods would leave posts about specific issues to our phones in the phone forum you would like have seen it.

I was about to hard reset, but there's the Problems thread that's stickied in the Preview forum...a bunch of us have posted about our many issues on the 8XT...its very stable for me now.

​Good luck!

ennessaar

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you, I uninstalled (Bing) Weather, rebooted, and now my HTC 8XT works flawlessly. Honestly...not 1 crash, not 1 lag, 4G data & wifi are working great.

Any chance you have that app installed? I did not need a hard reset either, just uninstalled Weather (& Domino's app...but no way its the Domino's app)...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786