Anyone else having trouble getting geofencing to work?

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've tested it numerous times... can't get the reminder to trigger! I have the address and locations right.

Any tips to fix the issue?

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
It kind of worked for me, but it triggered the reminder about 1km away so i think there are some bugs with it.

Cortana seems to be buggin out a bit. This is a developers preview. I believe they have a bit more freedom to fix bugs being that Cortana is a service.

It triggered 150ft away from destination. Almost the right distance. I think 50-100 ft would be good depending on connection.

Check GPS. Readjust the compass. Calibration. Maybe?

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
mates ... give me pls a hint where to enable geofencing.

In cortana you can say "Remind me to kiss my wife when i get home", and when you get home it will remind you. You can also turn wifi off and set it to turn on when you are at one of your favorite places. You need to set places up in Cortana's settings.

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I'm getting it to trigger but it's only triggering 10-15 minutes after I arrive or leave a location. I don't know how this is going to work with something like "remind me to get bread when I pass my favorite store" I'll be home sitting on the couch when the reminder triggers! If anyone figures this out, please post it.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Same, I had to return soemthing to my friend and it had set a reminder by Cortana to remind me that when I leave my home. It triggered when I was about 800 metres away from my home.

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I check the map. My location is pretty dang accurate. Don't understand why the reminder doesn't trigger.

I'm in the same boat. :( No matter what those damn reminders don't trigger. I too was wandering around the place with the map open, but still no reminder for me. I even forgot to buy bread trying to trigger the "Buy bread" reminder. Lol.

Freespacer

May 31, 2013
Visit site
i found out that "geofencing" is sometimes(?) just off. no idea how that works or why. usually it is off when i would need geofencing. so i never get a reminder when i leave home or the Office.

to check if it is off or on go to Settings -> Location and scroll down to the bottom. i?d guess "Current Status: tracking geofences" is good. but there is no obvious way to find out how to enable it when it turns off (for whatever reason)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs