After installing 8.1, I tried the new Action Center & go through some settings, but realized the phone hadn't prompted to migrate data, so I restarted, it went through 7 steps to migrate data. But now some of the supposed built-in apps are missing: the Games hub (don't know bout this since all games now listed outside anyway), Music app (including Podcast, tried installing from the Store, it downloaded, but failed to install after saying "restoring data" with error 80073cf3), built-in email clients (Yahoo!, Gmail, Outlook, all crashed after launched, still receiving new emails notif in the center, though! LOL), Battery saver, Calendar, and of course Cortana (region & language are US before & after update, can go to settings/Cortana, enable it, but back out and it never turns on).
    Somehow I feel that I was still halfway through the 8.1 update because the missing apps are the ones getting revamped with 8.1, but the phone said everything is done, then started migrating data. Tried going to phone update to check for new ones, no avail. On Lumia 520, don't want to hard reset the thing just because of this. Anyone has the same problems?
    04-15-2014 03:49 AM
    04-15-2014 03:57 AM