About WP8.1's IKEv2 vpn

gugnt lee

May 13, 2013
Visit site
HI,I just tried wp 8.1's Vpn,but the service said the server accept the user name that added Windows Phone¥ before it ,what can I do?

Xin Scott

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It is not a bug, just call your service provider to add a quote to your Windows Phone account. I have built my VPN server, and it works good.

Last edited:

iorinoe

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
at first you must import your IKEv2 CA,that you can ask service provider for help.
the service provider change servers settings,now I can connect my VPN server with WP8.1.

Xin Scott

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I cannot find a way to import self identified certificate to WP8.1(I don`t know it has imported or not, but the fact is the VPN client cannot detected the self identified certificate and in my opinion, it should be double check in the 8.1 jailbreak devices) maybe it is the limit of MSFT. You can try login without the CA.

vilicvane

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
actually you can install CA certs on Windows Phone via Email, Internet Explorer, maybe even QQ Data Link. e.g., CA cert of GoAgent, Fiddler, etc. but since there was someone using this to jailbreak early version of Windows Phone 7, the certs installed by users then have only limited privilege.

but this is not the point. the point is... i too have the problem connect my VPN... T-T and what do you mean by adding quote? I am not familiar with the server configuration stuffs, wondering whether you can help me out... and thanks a lot.

ttsaon

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
7-wp.jpg

Windows Phone 8.1 introduces support for virtual private networks (VPNs), including app-specific VPN capabilities, IPsec, and SSL VPN gateways.After picking up a Windows phone and hours of testing I?m happy to announce we now support Windows Phone!

check full tutorials here: How to setup VPN for windows phone 8.1

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone managed to connect to their companys RAS-Server (Windows Server 2012 Routing and Remote Access) over IKEv2? Be it over Preshared-Key or Computer Certificate. I had no luck so far. I always get error 808.

Kitno

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Same problem.

I have a Draytek Vigor 2130. I connect from my W8 clients to my home to access the network.
On the phone I can only use IKEv2.

When I generate a certificate on the router and export it to the phone. (succesfully installed) It does not see any installed certificate.

So under "Connect using:" "a certificate" I get the message: "We didn't find any certificates on your phone. Install a certificate and try again".

However, enabling "Server certificate validation" allows me to choose a certificate and there my router generated root certificate is listed.

I need to see the client certificate in the "connect using certificate field".

Anyone an idea how?

Thanks,

Jan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs