Facebook not Syncing after WP8.1 Update

Jorge Rocha Netto

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Same here. My people hub was all messed up after I upgraded to 8.1, so I reinstalled the Facebook app and pressed sync many many times.

It eventually got ALMOST all of my Lumia contacts sync'd back properly... Almost all. Some of them just won't sync for some mysteryous reason.

I'm not very happy with this update...

Saurabh Kothari

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok , so any one found the solution for getting contacts synced to people hub?
Here is what i found..
1. I have 2 lumia 930, one with Windows 8.1 update 1 and other with just windows 8.1
2. Facebook worked like charm on windows 8.1 update 1
3. on other lumia with just windows 8.1 the contacts from facebook wont sync and nor would the profile pictures show up on facebook app.
the other lumia is from Taiwan and update 1 is not release there.
I checked the log file from Facebook app and found..

2014-10-12T07:16:24: Failed to create or update me contact with exception: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound.
at System.Net.Browser.ClientHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Browser.ClientHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndGetResponse>b__d(Object sendState)
at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<BeginOnUI>b__0(Object sendState)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
at System.Net.Browser.ClientHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Func`2.Invoke(T arg)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at Facebook.SocialIntegration.Sync.ContactSyncExtensions.e.h()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Facebook.SocialIntegration.Sync.ContactSyncExtensions.c.l()
And this error repeats for each fb contact that i have.
I have sent the log to microsoft but still not response yet.

I have internet connection and all because on same wifi i have other phone working but not this one..

Dhaval Ghone

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I was used to see my people's hub filled my Facebook contacts but after updating to WP8.1 all the contacts disappeared, but when I used to sync it would happen successfully, only I couldn't see the contacts, but after searching for them they would appear....
I figured out that in settings, 'filter contact list', Facebook was unchecked by default and 'hide numbers without phone' was on...
I changed them all the contacts reappeared!

throws2000

Sep 18, 2007
Visit site
So can some please explain fully Outlook contacts are not syncing?
​Do we seriously have to sync with facebook to see our Outlook contacts?

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I found a fix on facebook and people hub integration in my NLumia 520 8.1 update 1.

First the facebook sync error. To sync successfully, you must keep the screen awake until the sync finishes. Making the screen go timeout will disrupt the syncing.

Now the people hub. After successfully syncing, open the people hub app and just wait for all contacts to finish loading. I forgot if I kept the phone unlocked but what I am sure of is to keep the people hub app on the foreground, as switching apps might disrupt the process.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

adrianevens

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Same problem for me...
I have tried many things :
- Date : checked (tested with auto or manual)
- Screen : always on
- Contacts list : facebook activated

=> Result :
- Best case : sync error
- Bad case : facebook crash.

Do you have another idea ?

Thanks

Last edited:

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
One thing that I noticed related to this topic is having a Nokia account in my account list prevented Facebook from syncing. I haven't tried again for a long time but before whenever I used WP 8.1 and had a Nokia account listed, Facebook would fail to sync. I would notice because most of my contacts wouldn't have pictures anymore.

​Jason

Annie Simpson

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
There's certainly a major issue with facebook syncing on my Lumia 930. I updated my facebook profile picture using Internet explorer on the phone. This 30 minutes go, but the facebook app still doesn't show the updated profile picture.I have "synced" the phone at least 20times, but still no joy. The facebook app still shows my previous profile picture.:unhappysweat:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't think profile picture changing has ever worked in that app.
iirc, if you head to a pc and change It via browser, the phone app reverts it in next sync anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb