04-18-2015 05:39 PM
51 123
tools
    Hi guys,

Am I the only one here that's having problem with Facebook? I'm using the official FB app but after the update, I'm having problem syncing my Facebook to People Hub, so what happens, everytime I get message it only says: "Facebook User". Even old threads only shows "Facebook User".

wp_20140415-1.png
    04-15-2014 03:05 AM
    check your time and date to be correct. also go and press sync again in Facebook app
    04-15-2014 03:20 AM
    Same problem with me too.... And i tried pressing sync button from the Facebook many times. But its of no use! Also im not able to sync my contacts from hotmail to phone. Now it seems like hotmail doesn't have contact sync option! It only shows email sync option! Anybody knows what to do??
    04-15-2014 03:25 AM
    check your time and date to be correct. also go and press sync again in Facebook app
    I did but but after a while it will return the same error: "We weren't able to sync right now. Please try again in a little while". Been doing this the whole day :(
    I also restarted my phone several times.
    04-15-2014 03:28 AM
    Same problem with me too.... And i tried pressing sync button from the Facebook many times. But its of no use! Also im not able to sync my contacts from hotmail to phone. Now it seems like hotmail doesn't have contact sync option! It only shows email sync option! Anybody knows what to do??
    Able to sync everything except for the Facebook thing :(
    04-15-2014 03:28 AM
    Ha.. The same error message!! ;-)
    04-15-2014 03:42 AM
    So do u have sync contact option in ua hotmail account app! Can u please see it for me?
    04-15-2014 03:43 AM
    So do u have sync contact option in ua hotmail account app! Can u please see it for me?
    You just have to "long press" say the "Outlook" icon/logo and a drop down will appear and will ask you if you want to sync.
    04-15-2014 03:58 AM
    Sorry i din get you... I use live.in account and i dont have contact sync option in hotmail app! How can i sync then??! between i don't have Cortana!
    04-15-2014 05:07 AM
    And hethler, my facebook sync problem is solved now! I went into the Facebook app and in the settings page you will have an option "connect with phone". Though it is same as the option we used from the "add account" page, this worked!
    04-15-2014 05:10 AM
    Sorry i din get you... I use live.in account and i dont have contact sync option in hotmail app! How can i sync then??! between i don't have Cortana!
    Your "Live" account is your "Microsoft Account" so, hold and press "Microsoft Account" icon and it'll show "sync" option.
    04-15-2014 05:33 AM
    And hethler, my facebook sync problem is solved now! I went into the Facebook app and in the settings page you will have an option "connect with phone". Though it is same as the option we used from the "add account" page, this worked!
    ​Yeah my app is already connected to phone :/
    04-15-2014 05:34 AM
    I dont even install the FB app, im using the FB Beta, dont know if anything different??
    And my People Hub doesnt have problem with syncing stuff. Wait for a day and check again, it might be better
    04-15-2014 05:40 AM
    same error
    04-15-2014 06:40 AM
    problem solved. just set your region as same as in Facebook. You probably set region as USA like me to use Cortana :)
    04-15-2014 06:54 AM
    problem solved. just set your region as same as in Facebook. You probably set region as USA like me to use Cortana :)
    ​Then you'll loose Cortana >.<
    04-15-2014 08:48 AM
    ​Then you'll loose Cortana >.<
    sync once
    04-15-2014 09:23 AM
    Man i just install the stupid FB app. And I've lost all of my FB contacts in People Hubs, while the FB app "connect to your phone" is syncing like forever @@ wtf should i do now?! :'(
    04-15-2014 09:26 AM
    Man i just install the stupid FB app. And I've lost all of my FB contacts in People Hubs, while the FB app "connect to your phone" is syncing like forever @@ wtf should i do now?! :'(
    Awww man! Anyway, Windows Phone Support gave me this link.
    Msdn forums - Windows Phone Preview for Developers
    04-15-2014 09:57 AM
    "Connect to phone" for facebook seemed to work, but it is showing the wrong profile picture on the "Me" tile. Even after syncing. Any way to force update?
    04-15-2014 10:49 AM
    "Connect to phone" for facebook seemed to work,
    Yeah, checked the app already and it was already setup that way, restarted FB and the phone several times, also cleared some cache/temp files. It won't contunue to sync, it will only show "synching now" for few seconds then it will stop.

"but it is showing the wrong profile picture on the "Me" tile.
    Maybe because it automatically looked up for your "Live" profile pic?
    04-15-2014 11:11 AM
    "Connect to phone" for facebook seemed to work, but it is showing the wrong profile picture on the "Me" tile. Even after syncing. Any way to force update?
    it definitely your Live picture. I got the same thing here.
    04-15-2014 11:18 AM
    Yeah, checked the app already and it was already setup that way, restarted FB and the phone several times, also cleared some cache/temp files. It won't contunue to sync, it will only show "synching now" for few seconds then it will stop.

Maybe because it automatically looked up for your "Live" profile pic?
    Yes I am thinking this might be the case, how do I make it use my facebook pic? You have the option for your contacts which profile to use but I can't find that option for my own self. In 8.0 it automatically chose your FB pic after you synced your FB account. Maybe another MS oversight.
    04-15-2014 11:21 AM
    Yes I am thinking this might be the case, how do I make it use my facebook pic? You have the option for your contacts which profile to use but I can't find that option for my own self. In 8.0 it automatically chose your FB pic after you synced your FB account. Maybe another MS oversight.
    1. Tap your "Me Tile"
    2. Tap the "current" photo on your "Me Tile"
    3. It will then display your options for the profile (Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or upload a new one)

Please take note that your profile photo here will reflect on your Windows 8 Device (Surface, laptop, PC)
    grizzlyaddams likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:37 AM
    1. Tap your "Me Tile"
    2. Tap the "current" photo on your "Me Tile"
    3. It will then display your options for the profile (Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or upload a new one)

Please take note that your profile photo here will reflect on your Windows 8 Device (Surface, laptop, PC)
    yes I found this while toying with it, thank you so much!
    04-15-2014 01:50 PM
51 123