Has anyone installed WP 8.1 developer preview?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is strange. Neither with Volume + and Power key nor with POwer and Windows Key, its taking screenshots. Even if it is taking screenshots, its not there in screenshot folder. Although in language settings it shows Indian English and US English, where it doesn't allow me to delete indian English from the list

Strange, worked for me. It creates a new Album if you don't have one already.

If both your languages say 'enabled' then that's your issue. It's something that's happening with HTC phones too. Not entirely sure why that is.

Switchke

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
you need to see that you also downloaded your keyboard to US. I'm European and had to set everything to US before seeing cortana. also for the swipetyping which I still need to learn a bit :)

Only thing I can say is I love the added features yet it draws again power even when I'm turning off settings for wifi and all. So in that point still disappointed that the 920 has poor battery life. Kinda hoped to be getting 36 hours before a recharge :(

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Finally it worked with mine. I don't live in US. Therefore in order to install Cortana, I have to change the region to US. Now the question is after installing Cortana, if I revert the region, will it work?

Installed Cortana also. Buy didn't get time to go through with it.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering about the update specifically for the 920. I am on the fence, I want to do the update, but I am worried about the issues other handsets have been having.
The mods have been pretty heavy handed on closing any device specific threads. I am of the opinion that we NEED device specific threads due to different hardware configuration. I am still not sure about what issues the 920 has been having simply because in the 8.1 update thread not everyone is listing their device, and its hard to sort through 500+ posts to find ones ONLY relating to say the 920.

I hope this thread stays alive so I can make a good decision to update or not.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been wondering about the update specifically for the 920. I am on the fence, I want to do the update, but I am worried about the issues other handsets have been having.
The mods have been pretty heavy handed on closing any device specific threads. I am of the opinion that we NEED device specific threads due to different hardware configuration. I am still not sure about what issues the 920 has been having simply because in the 8.1 update thread not everyone is listing their device, and its hard to sort through 500+ posts to find ones ONLY relating to say the 920.

I hope this thread stays alive so I can make a good decision to update or not.

I have 4 windows phones running windows phone 8.1 in my house. 2 Lumia 920s and 2 HTC 8Xs. No issues! Its worlds better! I could never go back!

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am able to figure out the issue. It was multiple languages. I first moved US English on top and then, it allowed me to remove indian English, and after restart it worked. Thanks for your help

I am loving WP 8.1. I haven't explored more than 5%. But there are too many things that I like, specially the new keyboard. With WP8 keyboard I was missing the future, where you can toggle between alphabets within a word. In WP8.1, they have included it. Extra line of live tiles looks amazing, despite the fact that the tiles are too small, but manageable.

Last edited:

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have my 920 running WP8.1 since yesterday and I have no problems here. I've been tinkering with my phone since I received the update and there's no real issues I see. But, bear in mind that this is the developer's preview and not the actual release. There may be some issues associated with it. I know some people have issues with Xbox Music as well as the Games Hub. I also notice some lag in IE11 when you go to the open tab sections. Other than those issues, my 920 is doing very well!

dsmpampis

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
The last two days I'm on 8.1 with no issues at all! The battery life is almost the same with the Black. Now waiting for the nokia update, I hope they gone fix the camera issues....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234