Yesterday, I have updated WP 8.1 on my device Lumia 1520 & today my device have heating issue & Battery is dying faster.
    04-15-2014 05:15 AM
    I'm running Lumia 1520 with developer preview and everything is fine with battery.

Regards,
    Peter
    04-15-2014 05:17 AM
    i have also updated with developer preview, yesterday the device battery backup is good but from today morning i have unplug the charger at 8:00am & now the battery is 65% at 2:22pm.

regards
    Athar
    04-15-2014 05:23 AM
    Open up Battery Sense and see which app is eating up the battery. I'm running 8.1 fine so far.
    04-15-2014 05:27 AM
    I had my 1520 running hot all yesterday - switching it off, completely powering it down and leaving it off for a couple of minutes. Then turn it back on.

I did this twice yesterday and it cooled down and stabilised. I think the update - lots of things get indexed and moved around and I noticed the temp amount rising alarmingly; the resets sorted it out for me. Hope it helps :)
    04-15-2014 05:34 AM
    Thanks to both of you Hipporama & Poirots progeny for a valuable suggestion. i will do it & update the forum.

regards
    Athar
    04-15-2014 05:42 AM
    I have noticed this issue also, so I did hard reset of my device and now I'm testing... It looks fine.
    Syed Athar likes this.
    04-15-2014 06:08 AM
    I upgraded both of my 1520s yesterday, and yeah, both of them were frying-bacon hot immediately afterwards.

On the first one, I went and disabled all but the bare minimum background apps. On the second, I just let it sit.

Seems like it gets warmer now when I have the thing woke up and I'm fiddling with it. Sure, when I upgraded, I was using it more than usual to play with all the new features. Then, there was all the STUFF that the phone seems to have to go through to update all its apps and whatever else.

This morning, both seem cool to the touch, although yeah, maybe just because I keep checking, battery drain does seem a little faster.
    04-15-2014 07:41 AM
    I notice this too, what would you recommend? soft or hard reset? I've read some problems with hard resetting and getting bricked (I believe it's a SD Card thing).
    ​Thanks
    04-15-2014 07:56 AM
    I have noticed this issue also, so I did hard reset of my device and now I'm testing... It looks fine.
    Cِan I ask something please, does a hard reset delete all of your data and info? I know you can back them up, but I have so many apps installed and so many pictures and videos that needs backing up, so it's gonna be painful.

I am asking because I am having the same issue, the phone is getting hot when used and battery is dying much faster than it used to.
    04-15-2014 09:35 AM
    Because of the battery issue, I am starting to regret updating to 8.1. Although my phone still lasts a day like this, but it used to last almost 2 with no charge.

​Damn it!
    Hafiz Radzi likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:02 AM
    well even i am having battery issue. Thinking of resting it and try
    04-15-2014 11:20 AM
    If you guys reset your phones please post how things are after the reset. I'm thinking of doing this myself but it's just such a hassle.
    04-15-2014 11:28 AM
    If you guys reset your phones please post how things are after the reset. I'm thinking of doing this myself but it's just such a hassle.
    I don't know, but I think I am gonna go for it. My battery is dying like this. I opened up the battery saver app and found an IMAP email to be using lots of battery. I first made it push new emails after 2 hours, it still drained. Now I deleted that account, and I am gonna see what's gonna happen.

If it persists, I'll do it tomorrow, though just thinking about the idea of backing up the phone and doing a hard reset, then download everything again is quite horrifying. It's a painful thing to do!
    04-15-2014 12:22 PM
    I need more time to say, if the hard reset of device solves the problem battery drain. But, it seems, this can be option, battery life becomes better, but still I can't say, it's the same as on WP 8.0. This can be caused by not fully optimized software of WP to hardware of Lumia 1520. I guess, this issue will solve fully Nokia update Cyan in future.

And oh, performing hard reset of course means, you will loose all your personal data, especially apps data. Fotos, settings you can backup to OneDrive, apps will be again downloaded from the Store after performing restore, but apps data will be lost. Deal with it.
    04-15-2014 06:24 PM
    So late yesterday my phone was having numerous issues: massive battery drain, laggy animations when opening/closing apps, random reboots, phone would freeze for a few minutes at a time, Xbox Music was extremely slow and would crash, some apps wouldn't open or would crash immediately. So I decided to do a hard reset, despite knowing it would be a massive PITA afterwards. The hard reset fixed all of those issues, though my battery is still draining much faster than normal. Xbox Music is even somewhat tolerable now for me (though it is still very slow, as many have reported). If you're having numerous issues like I had, seems a hard reset might fix it.
    04-16-2014 10:51 AM
    Ok, today I can say, battery consumption on my Lumia is almost like before update. I don't know it accurately, but I'm satisfied.
    Dos101: I think, this will stabilize after time. I suppose, system should done some indexing files, which needs some computing power...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    04-16-2014 04:06 PM
    After I updated to 8.1 my 1520 was getting hot. Battery life bad. Facebook was using alot of battery. I un sync facebook from the peoples hub. Also un link facebook from Cortana. I also turned off the WiFi sence and NFC. My phone no longer gets hot and the battery last longer than before. Cortana is not causing hot battery. Hope this helps. Later I will turn WiFi sence back on. I'm sure Facebook is the culprit
    04-16-2014 10:21 PM
    After I updated to 8.1 my 1520 was getting hot. Battery life bad. Facebook was using alot of battery. I un sync facebook from the peoples hub. Also un link facebook from Cortana. I also turned off the WiFi sence and NFC. My phone no longer gets hot and the battery last longer than before. Cortana is not causing hot battery. Hope this helps. Later I will turn WiFi sence back on. I'm sure Facebook is the culprit
    04-16-2014 10:24 PM
    I have reset my Lumia 1520 but the battery issue still remain same
    04-18-2014 12:54 AM
    couple of tips to minimize the impact
    1. Turn off "glance" from System settings menu
    2. Turn off all background working applications except Weather and Battery if you are using live titles for these two
    to turn off the background activity you should go to "Battery Saver" then slide left to"Usage" and kill them all
    3.Keep your BT , NFC etc off if you are not using them

In general its well known issue due half hardware and half software causes, but ..... nobody from MS and Nokia so far is brave enough to admit it.

Anyway touch sensetivity , overheating are something normal for 90% of all Lumia 1520 on the market and there is nothing we can do about except to return it for refund or live with it like me :)

njoy
    04-25-2014 05:46 AM