Facebook integration Problems

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

as we all know there have been some major changes in the Facebook integration and none of them turn out to be an improvement of some sort.
The Chat integration in the messaging hub is gone and the integration in the people hub is rubbish.

Is there actually any news on how this will be solved and if they can use an API to put their chat functionality back into the messaging hub or will we always rely on that rubbish messenger app?
Will the people hub always show that annoying "get Facebook app" on the top even though I have the Facebook Beta application installed?
Why can I not like and reply to comments out of the people hub? It is always jumping into the facebook app store site. Is it again not working because I am in the beta Program and I is purely developed?
One of the greatest aspects of WP was the integration of different services into one. This means. The Chat, the people and the pictures. Will we ever see this again or is it just not good enough for Facebook to be integrated and their loss of revenue? I cant stand changing between apps and hubs and whatsoever.

dennisfang1

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with absolutely everything you're saying. I remember back in the day during the wp7 era, I was first attracted to windows phone because the Facebook chat and man was integrated with your messages, and you could switch between them so easily. The people's hub was also fantastic and brilliant, and now they even removed the "recents." I really hope they at ;east just revert back to the old system :(

masterbarata

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I am on the verge to update my Lumia 520 to WP 8.1, but I have really understood what they have done with the message hub. I have never used the people hub but from I got if u want to post something u need to go to the FB app. Regarding the message hub integration with facebook is it totally gone? Or Can we now tie different messaging serves such as whatsapp, skype and facebook to the hub and use the hub to send those messages instead of the apps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital