WP 8.1 Dev: Battery drains faster ??

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 seems to drain the battery faster on my HTC 8X, even with GPS and Cortana disabled. One thing I've noticed since GDR3 is more tasks keep running in the background unless I 'X' out instead of using just the Back button.

Also, is it my imagination or is IE11 slower?

ekiRYL

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
yess my battery draining so fast on my L520 :/
but, you can disable Background task in Storage Senses...

and don't you think when you open some Apps become slow? it happen on my L520 when i open Nokia Camera :/

tomcat239

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
WP 8.1 seems to drain the battery faster on my HTC 8X, even with GPS and Cortana disabled. One thing I've noticed since GDR3 is more tasks keep running in the background unless I 'X' out instead of using just the Back button.

Also, is it my imagination or is IE11 slower?

i also have the same idea with you, but im not sure that's because of my connection or IE 11

ampulla

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 625 battery management is definitely better. I uploaded it about 10 hours ago and Its battery status is 72%. The Wifi and GPS is running all day and I often talk with Cortana.Today, I explored the new feature and it was always in my hand.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried Cortana for an hour and she is really fun to be with. Unfortunately, I must turn on "Location Service" for Cortana to work. So I uninstalled her by changing region again. Location Service + Cortana = Huge Battery Drain.

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My battery (Lumia Icon) is draining at an unusable pace doing almost nothing.

My phone intermittently heats up (a lot) whenever notification center, battery saver or Cortana decide they need to do something.

I can literally tell when I get an email because my phone gets hot. I used to get to the end of the day with 60-70% battery left and now it only lasts to my lunch break because I'm not using to do anything but adjust settings.

Among other things I've noticed:
1- Notification center triggers massive power drain and heat
2- Batter saver doesn't close when you back arrow. You have to hold the back arrow down and press X to close the app.
3- Several times when taking the phone off of stand by it shows "Resuming....." and proceeds to drain battery until it goes back to start screen.

captainnalgas

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I posted this in another thread thanks to a few peoples help... Turning OFF the battery saver actually increases battery life... Since I turned it off I have been heavily using my L920 for 4 hrs streaming videos HD and music, downloading music, sending files via Bluetooth, recording 1080 videos, instagram browsing, playing with Cortana. 74% and I'm pretty happy overall now.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

gknowd

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I am seeing the same problem, on my Lumia 1520 I have noticed several issues around the battery. First, the upper left corner of the device gets unusually warm (I have never noticed this before with the 1520). Secondly, the battery take a very long time to achieve 100% charge, sometimes I will charge it overnight and it may get to 95%. And lastly, worst case, I have had my battery drain after about 3 hours unless I keep it plugged in and charging throughout the day. Its actually quite unbearable at this point. I have tried soft reset, hard reset, completely wiping the device and starting from scratch and nothing seems to help the situation.

koolakhoo

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
i saw in my friend's lumia 520, even though he was playing around with his phone, his battery saver showed no current usage.. and on the other hand my battery saver showed plenty of apps running in current usage.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Too many of these threads. I posted this in another battery thread.

When you go into Battery Saver the default view is the usage. I went through all of the displayed apps disabled background on all of the ones I saw. A day later and my battery was still draining way too fast. Well, I went back into Battery Saver and at the bottom of the list I noticed the 'show all apps' link. I clicked that and voila, I had a dozen apps with background activity still enabled, a few that I knew were power guzzlers. I turned them all off about 15 minutes ago and my phone doesn't feel like a mini-space heater any more. I have it plugged in so Battery Sense hasn't updated to show what my per-hour drain is yet, but I will post an update soon.

Paras Balsara

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I am using Microsoft Lumia 535, same issue with it. Battery drains so fater it runs only 1/2 day with 3G connectivity on
Very bad for first Microsoft mobile in the world Lumia 535

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos