Screen brightness issue

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's a bug or if that's the way it's gonna be but the automatic screen brightness seems to not function as it used to. I have a Lumia 1020 and since I update to 8.1 it seems whenever I'm outside the screen brightness does not automatically increase or it increases but not to the same level it used to. On 8 I was able to read the screen with no issues in bright daylight when outside but now under the same condition the screen is dimmer. Anyone noticed the same on their device?

anon(382630)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, i'm on 925 and i too feel my screen is dimmer, somehow much more washed out and the auto brightness setting is not as quick or strong as it used to be.

eugen serban

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the same issue in the sunlight. I could barely read. I had to change the settings by hand.
Also, last night it burned my eyes with it's brightness. So it kind of looks backwards.

I have and HTC 8x

Skynet3D

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
My medium brightness seems to be darker then before
Well.. I am pretty sure there's a bug with the brightness. Sometimes happens that medium act as low, and high brightness acts as the medium one.
When it starts to operate in this way I have to set the brightness on the setting page.
Also, setting the automatic mode keeps my display always too dark. It is useless and I have to set it on low or medium.

I noticed that the icon in the action center starts working bad when you change the brightness too fast. When you switch too fast from low to medium for example, the icon changes to medium but the phone is still in low. From there on it works bad so the best way is to manually set it in the settings -> brightness page.

I am on 925.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss