WP8.1 and large SD cards = A journey of woe

lpforthewin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a 64GB class 10 SD card in my 820 with ~40GB music, 7GB videos, 2GB map data, 0.5GB reduced size photos (about 10000) and now about 10GBs taken by apps
On WP8 I could fly through my photos but now it takes ages to load almost all the time including if you just try to pick a photo for the start screen through the settings app. It doesn't seem to cache images... Is anyone else experiencing this?
I get the same issue with music and videos but there are other threads for that.
Also the storage sense app takes forever to/doesn't ever load a list of apps on my phone or SD card.
And finally the desktop and windows 8 sync apps now never load my phone if I have the SD card in.
I'm not sure what they've changed to make accessing the memory card so slow.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 64GB class 10 SD card in my 820 with ~40GB music, 7GB videos, 2GB map data, 0.5GB reduced size photos (about 10000) and now about 10GBs taken by apps
On WP8 I could fly through my photos but now it takes ages to load almost all the time including if you just try to pick a photo for the start screen through the settings app. It doesn't seem to cache images... Is anyone else experiencing this?
I get the same issue with music and videos but there are other threads for that.
Also the storage sense app takes forever to/doesn't ever load a list of apps on my phone or SD card.
And finally the desktop and windows 8 sync apps now never load my phone if I have the SD card in.
I'm not sure what they've changed to make accessing the memory card so slow.

Try a reboot. I know that works well on any phone after an update.

jreinhard60

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same results on a Samsung ATIV S. I have 21GB of music and 22GB of photos on the SD. Hard reset without formatting the SD doesn't fix it. Hard reset with formatting the SD fixes the problem until the music and photos are reloaded. Browsing music or photos is painful. Storage sense takes hours to finish refreshing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven