HTC 8XT Rebooting/Crashing

Ditronics

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
HI guys,

There is another way to fix it: extract the SIM card when the phone is in a continuous loop rebooting. The device will boot normally to windows and it will power off automatically, then clean the slot and the SIM card as I explain in my previous post.

Insert the card and power on the device and it's done. It works for me on two different 8x units.

Good luck :smile:

Ditronics

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
HI again.

There is another way to apparently fix the rebooting issue: extract the SIM card (not slowly but fast) when it is in a loop of reboots. The device will boot normally to windows and then will turn off automatically.

Then clean the slot and the SIM card as I had explain in my previous post. Insert the SIM card and boot... it's done!!

I fix two 8x devices doing that.

Anyway good luck!!! :smile:

Suspekt

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the problems the 8XT users are having are related to the SIM card. The phones aren't in a reboot loop, they just reboot randomly.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, wifi is for sure the issue. I have disabled it and since have not had a problem. I will try to reboot with it off and then reenable it and see what happens.

Ditronics

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
It works for me, and it is easy to check.

If does not works there is another way that apparently fix it: Remove the sim card when the device is booting in continuous loop, the device will boot normally to windows and will power off by his own.

Then clean the slot and the card, insert it and power on.... it's done!!

Let me know if it helps you to fix the issue

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
It works for me, and it is easy to check.

If does not works there is another way that apparently fix it: Remove the sim card when the device is booting in continuous loop, the device will boot normally to windows and will power off by his own.

Then clean the slot and the card, insert it and power on.... it's done!!

Let me know if it helps you to fix the issue

8X <> 8XT ... you're GSM, we're CDMA on a Sprint exclusive phone. Please stop posting here unless you have an 8XT on Sprint in the US. We seem to have a unique set of issues.

Help is of course, always appreciated...but our issue is not a reboot continuous loop. Its a hang/lockup associated with using wifi.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, wifi is for sure the issue. I have disabled it and since have not had a problem. I will try to reboot with it off and then reenable it and see what happens.

100% agree, wifi has been off, and stayed off for 3 hours now...not one lockup. Interestingly enough though, I turned wifi on when I got home and it connected to my Open network just fine, and didn't lock up once.

Now I'm wondering if it isn't somewhere in the security setting code in our wifi drivers...anyway, yes, I would agree that wifi is the culprit.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
grizzlyaddams - if I remember, you're out in the country...I would be curious (if you feel up to it) if you turned off all your encryption/security for your router, if you would still see the issue? I can't replicate the hangs on my open network at the house. (Lightning strike/Power outage wiped everything, so its been open for a couple days now...otherwise mine would have been secured too.

​Just a thought...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Bummer, I thought you might be free from interference and easy to isolate with an open network if you were in the country.

Have you been stable since turning wifi off? Now I'm wondering if Weather wasn't an issue...

Bitpad

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, First time posting here, and I'm experiencing the same issues with my Sprint 8XT Crashing and rebooting. I have been posting in another forum ( HTC 8XT keeps rebooting after 8.1 Preview update ) and what its looking like is that when I connect to a WPA secured Wi-Fi connection is when the phone breaks. I connect to an "open" connection and I have no issues with performance and or rebooting. Stability also seems to go up once Wi-Fi is turned off.

Hopefully this may help some folks.
_Adam

Suspekt

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, First time posting here, and I'm experiencing the same issues with my Sprint 8XT Crashing and rebooting. I have been posting in another forum ( HTC 8XT keeps rebooting after 8.1 Preview update ) and what its looking like is that when I connect to a WPA secured Wi-Fi connection is when the phone breaks. I connect to an "open" connection and I have no issues with performance and or rebooting. Stability also seems to go up once Wi-Fi is turned off.

_Adam

Thanks for the link. It sounds exactly like what we are all experiencing.

Bitpad

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
From the testing I have been doing, it looks like Turning Wi-Fi on to an open connect works OK w/o rebooting. When I connect to a Secured connection ( WPA2 ) is where I run into problems.

I current am wi-fi connected to an open connection and no reboots. when I turned it on to the WPA2(ENT) connection, my phone went into sleep mode and then once waking it back up, the wifi turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on. I then Powered the phone off, waited a few moments, powered back on and then was able to get Wi-Fi working again. After switching back to the open connection, phone performance came back and no lock ups / Reboots have been experienced since then.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

_Adam

Pretty much the same thing we discovered here, including the Open network working just fine. Interesting...hopefully MS can figure out what's going on fairly quickly.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Let me just throw this out there that after 4 hard resets, and a night on the dresser, my phone survived all day at work (no wifi) without crashing, and I've now been home for about 5 hours where my phone automatically connected to my WPA2 secured wifi and I've had no reboots or other failures so far.

Perhaps the hard reset combined with the "burn in" time solved the issues. As in, giving the phone time to set up cache, etc. I'll also state that I have only a few additional apps installed such as a banking app, facebook, twitter, and MPATool. I also uninstalled ALL the HTC and Sprint Apps.

I'll keep my fingers crosses and wait until they fix/improve the photo, music, and video apps.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Good for you! I can't get my phone (wifi) to work (at work) as its secured...so I've just been leaving it shut down...turning wifi on only at home.

Glad you got it working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs