Xbox Music - Live Tile & Lock Screen

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Another odd thing I noticed since installing Windows Phone 8.1. It seems that the live tile for Xbox Music no longer works nor does it display the album/artist art on the lock screen while playing music in the Xbox Music app. Seems be a few these odd little things that worked in 8.0 but for whatever reason aren't working in 8.1.

Fortunately, so far, most the issues I've run across are more aesthetic than functional.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
for me that's a funtional issue. i'm annoyed.

bald-britney.gif

pmich

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
it's completely taken 3 steps back. no artist on the lockscreen or live tile. half the artwork is missing now. Laggy as h=ll. so disappointed because it's my favourite app on the device.

BroMarduk

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I noticed. If you delete music from the device (I used file explorer), it does not delete the artist info from the phone. I have no music actually on the phone but still 800+ artists that don't have any music.

FYI, I was trying to get the album art working myself...It shows up fine in Nokia Music, just not Xbox Music.

Right now, I would probably pay $20 for an app that manages WP8.1 music from the desktop

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My live tile isn't very "live", either.
I installed the Music Hub App (shortcut app) and it doesn't have a live tile (or a wide one, for that matter).
I miss my wide artist pictures!!!
JJ

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
My live tile isn't very "live", either.
I installed the Music Hub App (shortcut app) and it doesn't have a live tile (or a wide one, for that matter).
I miss my wide artist pictures!!!
JJ

Shortcut apps never offer a live tile - I don't think they really can, hence, "shortcut".

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Another thing I noticed. If you delete music from the device (I used file explorer), it does not delete the artist info from the phone.
There's some Artist (and other) metadata in hidden folders within Music. Hook up to a PC and view the hidden folders. You can then clear them out as you wish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb