Serious battery draining after updating to windows phone 8.1 developer preview

eashwar

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed serious battery draining after updating to windows phone 8.1 preview. Mine has drained to 50 percent within an hour, without any heavy use, just browsing photos in my camera roll...!

kopte3

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My 1020 is on battery saver after less than a half a day. I've never had this problem. Something is not working properly because i'm not using it that much. :(

gemrookie

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Same exact issue with my 1520. Woke up and took phone off charger. Funny thing is that it only charged to 91% overnight. Then, used phone to catch up on the news. Drove to office and not even 2 hours later with basically no use, and battery is showing 41%. Not happy i upgraded to 8.1 until obvious bugs were worked out. Tried recommendations on the board but to no avail. Besides, i didnt get this phone to turn off every convenience to help battery life; especially when its not working.

frostyfurious

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
My 720 used to have a discharge speed of 2 - 3 percent per hour now its showing 8 - 12 percent constantly..
Same with my Lumia 1020 bumped twice the discharge speed

Deadbluesky666

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
yep got the same problem too, i use battery saver, i try to put less apps working in background but the battery is still draining fast !!! Before i could put my 920 on charge every 2 days and i use my phone a lot for web browsing, gaming and youtube and i text a lot in a day, but now its 2 times by day only for texting and some google search !!! I hope they will fix something about this....
Btw the option to stay connected to wifi or not as disappear, and the arrow on the top of the wifi icon pop on/off and never stop

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this on my 920 as well. But it does seem to be working itself out now. I think there may have bee a ton of background processes updating things after the update. But, I've had my phone off the charger now for the last hour, and my battery is still at 100% where as yesterday, I dropped 10% in the first hour. I'm going to give it a couple more days before I cry fowl.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I had that issue immediately following install (-60% in just over an hour) but after I shut it down and restarted it everything was back to normal.

lordbebech

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Most of this battery drainage causing Apps that reinstaling in background in first few hours. My battery lasted today for about 10 hours... moderate use, just some news browsing, some photos and thats it. I got terrible baterry drainage when i active cellurar data, About -12% in half hour.

rankachmiari

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I was more than expected, wp 8.1 is a powerful update, all or almost every app is not ready for wp8.1, you will see some progress when developers start to update their apps.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 920 here, my phone was in airplane mode in my car for 10 hours while I was at work. I listened to some music and read some news, talked for about 25 minutes...i am at 50%. I'd usually still be at 80%. Hopefully things will improve fast as this will drive me crazy.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
After updating, you'll have numerous app updates downloading and installing. This will drain your battery in the beginning. You also need to go into Battery Saver under Settings and "not allow" all the apps you don't want running in the background (the previous "Background Apps" setting is now moved to under "Battery Saver"). I had to do this for like 30 apps, all of which were "allowed" to run in the background due to the update. I think one of the big culprits continues to be Here Drive.. make sure that's set to "not allow."

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem yesterday. I discovered that my yahoo email was constantly trying to sync. I had to delete it and set it back up. All is good today.

rankachmiari

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It seems that soft reset fixed my battery drain problem. but in the process, I had to disable wifi sense(Skype and messenger notification didn't work with only mobile data on), and change my Gmail setting to sync every 1-2 hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss