Glance Screen appears upside down?

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone encounter this problem after leaving your phone idle after awhile while its charging? Ill upload a picture if i can to show you what i mean

Last edited:

Bhawk1990

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So I'm not the only one then with this issue. It can be a great social feature sometimes:
"Hey, can you tell me what's the time?" - if you know what I mean.

IMG_5423.JPG

Steven Curl

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I just logged in to post this exact same issue. This wasn't happening this morning, and all of a sudden I look at my phone on its dock and notice it's upside down...

rexpowercolt

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Same here, it started this morning too, i thought that has something to do with the new Microsoft remote desktop app, so i uninstalled and rebooted the phone.

1 hour after the uninstall and no problems so far.
(lumia 920)

spokanedj

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
This has been happening on my phone since I installed 8.1 and way before RDP was announced. I doubt they are related.

I wonder if the Glance screen uses the gyro to determine "up", but only on an infrequent check. I noticed it happening on my 1020 most often when I put it into my pocket, as I have the lanyard on and put it in my pocket up side down.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I had with glance screen was that every once and a while, when unlocking the phone, it would look like my lock screen and start screen were limited to 16 colors. Give it a sec, and it would go back to normal. After every update, 8.1 being the last, I give it another try, but as soon as it does it again, I wind up disabling glance.

Kinza Khan

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
i started having this issue since yesterday night and i dont have any remote app installed, it just happened automatically. My phone was on charge, *hanging from the wall with the charger connected to the socket* and then after awhile i saw it had inverted. What to doo?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
i started having this issue since yesterday night and i dont have any remote app installed, it just happened automatically. My phone was on charge, *hanging from the wall with the charger connected to the socket* and then after awhile i saw it had inverted. What to doo?

In another post (today) it happens due to VLC beta and a soft reset fixed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3