Any available Weather app with transparent tile?

NewTincho

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Today i decided to enable the aditional line of tiles on my 720 and with more transparent tiles, the start screen looks better! but, the Weahter Flow, and Amazing Weather HD apps with the "metro tile" don't become transparent :eck:

So there is another good weather app that have the transparent tile feature? should I wait for and update that meaby allow the transparent tile?

Thanks and sorry for the bad english! :smile:

spacecoreV8

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I too am looking for weather apps with transparent tile settings, and I can weigh in that neither the Vieather or Bing Weather apps have transparent tiles.

Sure! Blue Skies looks great with a transparent wide tile.

I tried it out and the front of the tile looks great, but whenever I use it as a wide tile the back just shows a garbled mess of text in the upper left corner.

Not sure if it is available on non HTC phones but the HTC hub app is basically a weather tile and it's transparent. Love it.

It is only available on HTC phones, as far as I can tell from checking through SysApp Pusher.

Does anyone else know of any other possible weather apps with transparency enabled for the live tiles?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm searching for this as well. Blue Skies is good, but the live tile updating every three hours isn't good ;-)

Edit: I'm assuming that devs will begin to implement this into their apps, but until then my temporary solution is to pin the Cortana tile and, in my "interests" section, I only have the weather section turned on. It seems to be giving regular weather updates on the back side of the tile.

Last edited:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it is available on non HTC phones but the HTC hub app is basically a weather tile and it's transparent. Love it.

Your HTC Tile works? For the rest of us, the Clock hangs and doesn't move. I've uninstalled it since it obviously isn't stable on the preview.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Today i decided to enable the aditional line of tiles on my 720 and with more transparent tiles, the start screen looks better! but, the Weahter Flow, and Amazing Weather HD apps with the "metro tile" don't become transparent :eck:

So there is another good weather app that have the transparent tile feature? should I wait for and update that meaby allow the transparent tile?

Thanks and sorry for the bad english! :smile:

I use Amazing Weather HD as well and am hesitant to use a different program. My intuition is telling me that the developer will address this issue shortly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes