Nokia Camera Can't Open Photos Prior to 8.1

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I use Nokia Camera as my default camera app and have taken a bunch of photos prior to updating to WP 8.1. When I browse previous photos I've taken, I no longer have the option "Open With Nokia Camera". This usually gave me the flexibility to Reframe pictures after I've taken them and save them off. But now with 8.1, it looks like Nokia Camera no longer recognizes my past photos so that I may reframe them. However, any photo I've taken sense my update to 8.1, I does have the "Open with Nokia Camera" option available.

Anybody else notice this? Or is there some sort of hidden setting I haven't found yet that enables Nokia Camera to open and edit my previous photos?? If not, I hope the fix this soon as I have a bunch of photos I want to reframe.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Bah, nevermind. Shortly after I posted this, I found out how to reenable this. Open Nokia Camera and to go Settings. At the very bottom of the settings page, there's a link titled "Find photos and videos shot with Nokia Camera". Doing this will scan your photo library and re-enable the "Open with Nokia Camera" option. Whew!

SinfulKnight

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually I tried that and it didn't work. I've taken some pictures since the update and I get a message saying "cannot open picture, try again later."

I got one picture to open and it was not in landscape mode so it squished it in portrait mode.

I also tried resetting and checking my settings. Even the saved pictures from websites wont open.

On the Lumia 1520 if it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle