What happened to integrated messenger message?

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have this question too. Seems WP8.1 only has basic SMS with no way to switch the backend. Seems you have to use the apps. I liked the old way.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have this question too. Seems WP8.1 only has basic SMS with no way to switch the backend. Seems you have to use the apps. I liked the old way.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

Which app? There is no separate messenger app. I'd miss it, but it didn't really work at all half the time. Whatsapp only costs 1$ a year, and there's also Skype and plenty of other free messaging apps.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It's the initial launch. I expect that Facebook/Twitter/Skype to be fully integrated like before in no time. Or ... well.. at least until summer.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Which app? There is no separate messenger app. I'd miss it, but it didn't really work at all half the time. Whatsapp only costs 1$ a year, and there's also Skype and plenty of other free messaging apps.

While whatsapp is good, I dont want to launch a seperate app to talk in one place, then another app to talk in FB, then a third app to talk in Skype.

This feature was one of the biggest reasons I got into WP, I'm pretty damn pissed they removed this.

nikholaspappas

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Facebook is Decoupling all of there Messaging services so you Have to use the APP. I don't think this is a MS thing, pretty sure it is a FB thing

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Facebook is Decoupling all of there Messaging services so you Have to use the APP. I don't think this is a MS thing, pretty sure it is a FB thing

This... it was stated in an AMA on reddit by someone that was verified by reddit to be an MS employee that has since been deleted that the removal of FB integration like this was because of FB itself and not an MS decision. They want you to use their app instead of the messenger app.. The reason that FB was integrated in the first place really was because there was no messenger app (partly)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077