Wireless staying on all the time

sneekymonkey

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Since the upgrade to windows phone 8.1 my wifi is always on, it use to turn off when it was on the sleep screen/glance screen. How can I get the wifi to turn off when the screen goes to sleep?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Since the upgrade to windows phone 8.1 my wifi is always on, it use to turn off when it was on the sleep screen/glance screen. How can I get the wifi to turn off when the screen goes to sleep?
Don't think that's possible, but if you figure out a way please let us all know as it would be a really cool feature.

sneekymonkey

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Well on the windows phone 8 the wifi used to turn off in sleep mode, why has this feature been removed or is it not working? Will it be fixed in the final build?

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm missing the option to turn off WiFi when the phone is sleeping. I wonder why they'd remove that? Obviously, with that option enabled, you'd not be able to automatically connect to WiFi. It seems there are several new options for automatically connecting to WiFi, like they're pushing you to always use WiFi. I only need it when I'm at home and then only when my screen is on (unless I'm streaming music or downloading podcasts).

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Havent there been a lot of people on here complaining about the exact opposite? That wifi won't stay on when their phone is locked? I can't help, but it seems like a lot of people would want the problem you have.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

By default Windows Phone 8, and 8.1 should be turning off your WiFi when the screen times out. You can manage this setting by doing:

Settings > WiFi > Tap Manage > Use the tick box for "Keep WiFi on when screen times out"

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
By default Windows Phone 8, and 8.1 should be turning off your WiFi when the screen times out. You can manage this setting by doing:

Settings > WiFi > Tap Manage > Use the tick box for "Keep WiFi on when screen times out"

That option does not exist on my phone after the WP8.1 update. I've got a Lumia 620.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss