Hey guys, in IE 11 we can pin webpages to the start screen!
    The live tile then keeps you up to date with all the information that the website itself has.
    So far i have only found two websites that work:

- CNN.com
    - Wpcentral.com

Go ahead and give it a try :)
    To do this head to the webpage you want > tap on three dots (bottom right) > pin to start
    If you have more webpages post them on this thread

Update: Neowin.net and Nytimes.com also work
    Last edited by ven07; 04-15-2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Update
    04-15-2014 03:47 PM
    I see what you mean! this is a great find!, try news.bbc.co.uk, you get the icon but not the live tile!
    ven07 likes this.
    04-15-2014 05:31 PM
    I see what you mean! this is a great find!, try news.bbc.co.uk, you get the icon but not the live tile!
    Oh yea! Nice btw if you want to pin some sites, but they dont give you updates then just zoom in on the logo of the site and then pin it :P This will give you live tile the logo lol
    04-15-2014 05:35 PM
    honestly this is a great feature!
    ven07 likes this.
    04-15-2014 05:54 PM
    It's a killer feature, I just can't get it to work, not even for WPCentral. I looked at the code and there's a logo + the necessary code for live updates, but all I see is a screenshot of the current homepage (at the time of pinning), no mention of the sitename and no live tile.

The logo is working for my own site, but no live updates yet. When is the live tile triggered (when the rss is updated, or will it show the latest items in the rss regardless)? Would love to see this work, but documentation is pretty scarce.

Edit: using the 3-col layout on a 920, maybe that has something to do with it (though it still wouldn't explain why the WPC logo isn't showing).
    04-16-2014 07:20 AM
    It's a killer feature, I just can't get it to work, not even for WPCentral. I looked at the code and there's a logo + the necessary code for live updates, but all I see is a screenshot of the current homepage (at the time of pinning), no mention of the sitename and no live tile.

The logo is working for my own site, but no live updates yet. When is the live tile triggered (when the rss is updated, or will it show the latest items in the rss regardless)? Would love to see this work, but documentation is pretty scarce.

Edit: using the 3-col layout on a 920, maybe that has something to do with it (though it still wouldn't explain why the WPC logo isn't showing).
    Hmm weird.. To be honest mine worked as soon as I pinned it.. Did you try CNN?
    04-16-2014 11:57 AM
    Well, it's working now ... it took about 30 minutes for it to get going.

There should be an option to enable the live tile though ... it's a great idea but I'd prefer the logo instead of the live updates for some sites, now it's spinning a bit too much to my liking. Still haven't gotten my own site to work. Are there special requirements for the RSS feed or is it supposed to work with whatever rss you feed it (I used the Live Tile builder btw).

home - onderhond.com -> the logo works when pinned, the rss updates don't.
    ven07 likes this.
    04-17-2014 06:09 AM
    Go to one of the sites that actually updates.. Read through the code and check if you can find any differences :/
    04-17-2014 12:15 PM
    The issue I have is that for a lot of websites e.g. The New York Times, The Verge, etc., you have to pin the full, desktop version of the website in order for the live tile to work. It would be nice if they worked with the mobile website instead-- it would basically eliminate the need for apps! Anyone know if it's possible to make the live tiles open the mobile version of the site?

As an aside, this feature also works on Windows 8.1. It's perfect for my Surface Pro 2.
    ven07 likes this.
    04-18-2014 07:17 PM
    Oh the fact that it works for W8 is a nice find :D
    04-18-2014 08:51 PM