IE and Data Connection

dusann

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I switched to 8.1 and my Internet Explorer works well with WiFi connection. But when I switch to mobile data connection IE can't display any page. Other programs which request data connection works well. I tried to go online with UC Browser and the same problem occurs. Did someone have this problem?

grmjdavis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Samsung Ativ S Neo. Everything worked fine for me yesterday but today I can't access mobile data using any apps. I posted a thread here and another one on the XDA Developers website. It looks like there is at least one other user on XDA who is having the same issue. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with Sprint today and the final outcome was that they said I should take it in to the store.

[Q] Sprint Ativ S Neo WP 8.1 Data Problems - xda-developers

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same or similar issue here (L1020 if that matters). Pretty sure it worked the first day or 2, but sometime yesterday IE suddenly stopped working on a cellular data connection. Works fine when on WiFi. However Maxthon browser seems to work just fine on data connection, as do any other apps.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Solved the problem. Had to manually set the internet APN inside Cellular+SIM -> SIM Settings. Seems as though IE11 isn't playing nice with the settings from Access Point. (I did first try to uninstall/reinstall Access Point by the way, it didn't help)

dusann

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't have edit APN settings in SIM Settings, and don't know why. For now i will be using UC Browser for data, until Microsoft fix this issue. Many people have the same problem and they should react with update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre