headphone issues since 8.1 update.

captaincaple

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Glad it's not just me ... I've only noticed this over the past few days. Like wise I was on the train and my Lumia 925 stopped detecting my headphones and then "switched" to the internal speaker on the phone. The annoying thing is that it's hard to replicate, I thought that it was the headphone connector and the handset (and raised a hardware call with Nokia) but by the sounds of things it's more widespread than I thought.

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my 920, happens regularly with 8.1, only once before it. Extremely annoying to have the sound only from the left...

supask8a23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I too have this problem but I'm not so lucky :/ even if i reset my Lumia 928 it still does it, sometimes the sound will randomly be there but then it'll crackle then cut out in the left headphone, end I've tried everything and the only thing to do is to wait and hope for the sound to come back

EdoSiggi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925, my hearphones gave me the same problem, one side is muted. Yesterday, the hearphones weren't recognized at all. Do you have solution for this?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

besweeet

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the issue where the audio works on the left side only. A reboot fixes this. However, this is with headphones with a 3-ringed jack, indicating it has an integrated microphone. For normal headphones, audio only comes out of the right, reboot or not, and rather quiet at that. Seemed to have started with the latest 8.1 update.

p.vivekkumar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I am fed up of rebooting again and again but the problem doesn't go away until I reboot the phone.

I'm having an issue with my Lumia 920 earphone/headset..

After 8.1 updation, whenever I plug my headphones, there's no sound coming from the right earphone. When I pull the jack, the sound comes from both sides.

Any ideas ?

Xonovor

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here, lumia 920, I thought my headphones were broken.
It only happened once though, still it's annoying to reset it.

p.vivekkumar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing three problems from Headphones. Here, would like to mention that last week, I have purchased WH-208 coz my old one was broken. So its a new headphone hence can't blame headphone for any problem.

1) As discussed earlier no sound coming from the right earphone(Reboot and Samsung Android headphones are the only solutions as of now).

2) Some crackling sound is coming.

3) I keep Media volume to 30 and Call volume to 10 but I am experiencing less Volume from both ear pieces and Mic also discharge less volume. Which is irritating for me and receiver on other side.

And the funniest thing happened, I tried my brother's Samsung (Android ) headphone. Volume and Mic were working absolutely fine. Only problem I faced was its control was not working (Call Receive/Reject, Songs Pause/Play/Forward) that could be understood because Samsung and Nokia use different connector interface, I guess. Anyways, what the hell will I do with controls when I am not able to listen music and can not talk properly.

Moreover, with Samsung headphone, I am not facing problem of "one side earphone not working" .

So, in a nut shell after updation to 8.1, Nokia's Headset is not supporting its own handset or vice versa. however, Samsung is supporting. So, if anybody wants to listen music or talk over headphone please use Samsung Headphones though you have to controls it from your phone. But I feel that's better option as "Something is better than Nothing", atleast you will have clear audible sound.

Last edited:

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here, lumia 920, I thought my headphones were broken.

Same for me. Got new headphones and they didn't work either. Was going to send my phone (still in warranty) to nokia. Then, just before opening a ticket at nokia support, I saw this thread.

Resetting solved it for now...

Perhaps the nokia audio app update may have some influence here?! I did a softreset AFTER installing the app update. The app update didn't make my headphones work again. At least not without restarting the phone.

Kenneth Fossum

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here on my 925 and it is actually starting to annoy me quite a bit. It was there before the 8.1 preview and is still there now. Seems to happen a lot when I use multiple apps with sound capabilities at the same time - one example would be Spotify and Endomondo when I am running or otherwise working out. A reboot fixes the problem, but I seem to spend a lot more time "managing" the phone during workouts than I was before with my Sammy S4. Love the phone, but this bug is getting on my nerves ...

Last edited:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I use a normal set of Sony earbud type headphones and have experienced none of the above issues since I got my 620 last year, and I have been using 8.1 since it was released. It could be the contacts in the handset if your problems are replicated on a brand new pair of headphones. True, my phone came with its own handsfree headphones (ie in-line mic), but I've never used them because I don't get on with the shape of the earphones themselves, and I like my bass, which the stock ones do a very poor rendition of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo