headphone issues since 8.1 update.

Starwave

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I also have the same problem, and it's been happening for a while now (Lumia 925).

I can for example be listening to music with my earbuds plugged in, then receive a message on Facebook (which makes a sound) and then the music will suddenly only play through one of the two earbuds. This doesn't happen all the time though, only occasionally. I'm using the music+ app if that makes any difference.

The only thing I can do is to reboot the phone, and then it works as normal again. It doesn't matter if I unplug the earbuds jack. What does work though is when I pull the earbuds jack out of the phone by a little (it's still in the phone, but not all the way), the sound will come back as normal. However, if I put it back in, the problem will re-appear..

shauntipson

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
8.1 got a bug with headphones in
I plug headphones in works ok
Then if you pull them out phone as no sound will not play on phone speakers
You have to put headphones back in turn phone off then take out headphones. And then switch on phone
Hope this get sorted out
And one else got this issue

besweeet

May 16, 2014
Visit site
The build 12500 update isn't showing up on my Lumia 925. Here's to hoping it does something to remedy the headphone issue.

eMike

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I can for example be listening to music with my earbuds plugged in, then receive a message on Facebook (which makes a sound) and then the music will suddenly only play through one of the two earbuds. This doesn't happen all the time though, only occasionally.
Same for me(Lumia 820 DP8.1)! Very annoying!!!

eMike

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Does MS know about this? They react with speed for 80188308 error. Maybe we can start a topic on some official MS site..

ahmadpirani

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue since the day I ever plugged in a headset to my Windows (Pathetic) Phone Nokia Looser 925. Even after so many updates, and now 8.1 update 1, Microsoft has not bothered to address this issue or even accept this anywhere as a known issue. They are more interested in wasting more of their time in developing useless or less used features like App Corner and Kids Corner and losing users.

This should have been the top priority bug to be fixed.

apssays

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same with my Lumia 925. Although I have had hard reset and soft resets , nothing worked out. Microsoft people too aren't replying on this bug.

Dave Irungu

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
The same had happened to my Lumia 535 when I updated to 8.1. I lost sound in my phone earpiece and also it takes pictures by itself while in pocket - even when locked. This problem was resolved when I pressed the power button and Volume "down" key simultaneously for 10 sec and phone restarted. Now my sound problem is resolved.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos