Lumia 1520 Camera Broken after update

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok,

So I updated my Lumia 1520 yesterday to 8.1 and now am having issues taking a picture. Sometimes the camera app won't open it will say loading and after a while it closes and brings me back to the start screen. I know it's a beta, but the camera should work. Figured this out after trying to take a screenshot, I am able to with the new combination of up volume and power but it doesn't actually save to the photos hub or whatever the new pictures area is called. I do have a 64GB SD card in the phone that was in there before, during, and after the update but I am not sure how it would affect it. Any ideas, this is really annoying not to have camera functionality.

Thanks!

sagara0510

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
i have this problem with my Lumia 925

when I try to open the default camera app or any of the nokia cam apps, it just goes to a blank screen and then back to the home screen.

only started doing this after the 8.1 update.

phone is also draining battery and running hot after the update :(

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
yep same here. I was able to try and hold the power button, the camera button, and the up and down volume buttons all at the same time for 10 seconds, and after that it enabled me to use the camera. Try it and let us know how you do.

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope Microsoft is using this as a chance to take user feedback and error reports from the people who have decided to upgrade early to put out a solid release when the time comes.

sagara0510

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
i also downgraded back to wp8.0 with my 925 and the problem has gone. my battery life is back to normal and the camera is working again.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
can someone post a detailed guide to downgrade to wp8 , really appreciated , i have the same issues + my camera shows pink lines or pink distortions all the time , anyone else have these pink thingys in any camera app?

Chalana Bel-air

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
You have to go to Nokia and download the Nokia Recovery tool. Once you download it you can follow the wizard and it will reset your phone back to Windows Phone 8.

My camera just didn't work so I didn't get lines or anything. My camera would just never boot up.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You have to go to Nokia and download the Nokia Recovery tool. Once you download it you can follow the wizard and it will reset your phone back to Windows Phone 8.

My camera just didn't work so I didn't get lines or anything. My camera would just never boot up.

it says no packages available for ur device,any ideas? :(

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
@Chalana Bel-Air I got my phone to work correctly after the update by doing a hard reset. (holding down the up and down volume buttons, the power button, and the camera button, all at the same time for 10 seconds. Did you try this? Seems like the way everyone who has issues after the update to get it to finish the install properly, if that makes any sense.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
@Chalana Bel-Air I got my phone to work correctly after the update by doing a hard reset. (holding down the up and down volume buttons, the power button, and the camera button, all at the same time for 10 seconds. Did you try this? Seems like the way everyone who has issues after the update to get it to finish the install properly, if that makes any sense.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

did u also have camera issues like camera crashes or pink stuff on the camera ,distortions etc?
btw guys how do i downgrade with nokia software recovery? it says no software packages avilable or whatever :(

Pas

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
since i had just purchased my 1520 yesterday, at&t replaced it today. needless to say, i will not be updating to 8.1 until at&t and nokia release it in 2 or 3 months. i tried the recovery tool from nokia but it couldn't connect with my 1520 although it did restore my 920 with no issues.

OMAR KARDAME

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
hello guys, down graded, and tried again 8.1 preview, now only camera not functioning rest all seems stable and good. the camera not functioning at all, seems like there is no camera app in the ROM.

any thoughts guys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre