Having trouble to sync accent color with Windows 8.1

JP_Arg

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Im trying to sync the accent color of my phone with my Windows 8.1 Update 1 device, but every time i pick a new color the background of the screen on my laptop shows the wallpaper of my desk instead .
I tried to dissable this option from the taskbar , but the problem still there .
Is anyone having the same problem? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying that you have a desktop PC and a laptop PC, and these are both syncing their color themes, but your Windows Phone is using a different color theme than your 2 computers?

It sounds like you want the 2 computers to use the same color theme as your phone. Is that correct?

Hellhog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't like that they misuse their own nomenclature. They call it syncing accent colors but the accent on Windows Phone apparently correlates to the background on Windows 8. So I don't sync it. I'd like orange accents but a subtle dark grey background.

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
It does sync the background color. But how about the accent color?
--------------
I've made some tests, here is the result:

- color change with the phone: on the PC, the background is sync to a similar color, but the accent color becomes green (I don't know why, but it's always this green which is automatically applied)
- color change with the PC: on the phone, nothing happens, no sync.

Last edited:

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble with this as well. On my phone I went to "sync my settings" and turned on sync for Theme, App and IE sync. I then changed my accent color on the phone. I checked my windows 8 tablet a few minutes later and nothing on it had changed. My tablet start screen is using standard background/accent; it is not set to match the desktop wallpaper. Is there a setting on the tablet I need to enable? Is there something else I'm missing?

JP_Arg

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Everytime i change the color on my phone my pc change to "show my desktop background on start" it doesn't sync to a similar color. I disable the option from my taskbar, change my color from my phone, and the desktop background option is set to enable again. Any suggestions?

Wheezle

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a way to make it sync to the actual accent colour on Windows 8.1 rather than the background. What they've done makes no sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon