Facebook for 8.1

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Need help guys.
whenever I create a text or SMS and choose a contact at Messaging Hub,
My hotmail contact and FB contacts are in one place.

I checked the people hub and im sure it is filtered not to show FB contacts.
Any tips??

kinda hard to navigate through my contacts. but I can go straight to people hub and choose the person I want to send tect to.
But I am sure that would save so much time. hahahahaha

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that when I visit Facebook from the notification center the notification does not get cleared inside of Facebook (it does in the action center).

This seems to be an issue with a lot of apps -_- But Belfiore said they are aware of them so we can expect updates :D

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My FB app isn't syncing contacts for the past 3days on my new 520

Although its workingfine on my 820..

I even tried hard reset and reinstalled app..but no solution found till now

Please help

Rajat Nag

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't. I'm just going to wait for the Facebook app to update before I try again. I'll direct message you when I do. I figured more people would have this issue. I have the Lumia 822.

Yeah just going to wait for the update so that it becomes 8.1 compatible
Lumia 920 here

Vlad Ciprian

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I do not like the look of Facebook on wp 8.1 is a mess, is a mixture of the old and the original FB app. ** You better leave as it was before only to be improved, as messaging. I already uninstalled FB, I use FB browser. it moves very well!

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have had Facebook and the beta installed for a while and on 8.0 preferred the beta. Now I have 8.1 I can't use the standard app. It won't up open and it won't uninstall.

Not sure where I can go from there.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just a quick tip :) If you have the Facebook Beta app installed instead of the mainstream one I would suggest you get the latter.
Because that one actually has better support for WP 8.1
It offers integration with the People Hub, Calendar and Photos app.
The effect is most easily seen in the calendar, where Facebook Birthdays now show up.

Here's the link Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Thanks! It's also a whole lot faster than the beta version.

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I can't even install the app. Stuck like you are.

I wonder if this is something todo with forcing language and location settings to American English in order to have Cortana outside of the USA. My store wallet no longer has any of my cars details and I can't use my mobile carrier to pay for apps either. I'm not even sure I can download free apps.

Perhaps these settings are messing with it. I presume if I just set all back to UK English it may work again?

jamescollett

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to install (actually re-install) the new Facebook app on my Lumia 820 running WP 8.1.

Unfortunately I am another of the many victims caught in the loop of download despair associated with the error code 80073cf6. The download says it's "finalising" and then says attention is required, the installation has failed and I should try again later. This goes on and on.

This bug appears to have been around for months. The fact that it is still a problem is prize-winning sh1t.

The next time someone suggests a hard reset, I might actually throw something breakable at the wall.
:angry:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss