Facebook for 8.1

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just a quick tip :) If you have the Facebook Beta app installed instead of the mainstream one I would suggest you get the latter.
Because that one actually has better support for WP 8.1
It offers integration with the People Hub, Calendar and Photos app.
The effect is most easily seen in the calendar, where Facebook Birthdays now show up.

Here's the link Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

wp_ss_20140415_0004_thumb.png :evil:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! So use the regular facebook and not the beta version right?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Actually, this pretty much fixed the Facebook integration. After you open the facebook app once per session, it's seamless. Yeah, no facebook messenger in the messaging hub, but I actually like the new integration just as much now........took some relaxation first though.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Actually, this pretty much fixed the Facebook integration. After you open the facebook app once per session, it's seamless. Yeah, no facebook messenger in the messaging hub, but I actually like the new integration just as much now........took some relaxation first though.

Keep calm and chive one :D Oh wait wrong website lol

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you FB contact photos showing up? Mine haven't yet, but maybe it just takes a bit of time to sync up.

Shortly after I wrote this, my contact photos from FB showed up...how funny.

arnab ghosh

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
guys help me out....i did everything as said from the beginning because facebook updated itself after i turned on the auto update apps feature however though my facebook contacts are showing up in people's hub the pictures of contacts are not..its been 2 full days..

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
guys help me out....i did everything as said from the beginning because facebook updated itself after i turned on the auto update apps feature however though my facebook contacts are showing up in people's hub the pictures of contacts are not..its been 2 full days..

Ehm is that option still supported?

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my Lumia 822. I can't find anyone else with this issue. I can't install the Facebook app and I am getting error 80073cf0. Any thoughts on this?

netstatinfo

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a different question also regarding Facebook for 8.1, I first installed the DP and updated all my apps and such and noticed that cortana was able to use the voice command "Facebook post an update", then I wiped my phone cause my battery was facing the plague and only lasted like 4-5 hours during usage (setting up my start screen and such), after wiping the phone and reconfigured everything once again I notice that the Facebook app is no longer listed as an available app for Cortana to use, anyone have this featured enabled and if so how do you get it back?

Blake Currall

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
As of today my Facebook app is unable to refresh the timeline with a data error message, have done a reset and still get the error message on mobile networks and wifi. however all my notifications keeps coming through, anyone else with this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss