Windows Phone 8.1 on the ICON

smtwtfs

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if they have received an update to Windows Phone 8.1 on their Verizon Icon? If you did, how did you get it? If not, does anyone know when it will be available?

ronz

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
No its not. I got it last night. Go to wpcentral.com it walks you through it. It's fairly easy. Let me know how you make out.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that it takes awhile or several tries to wake the phone sometimes. Also, Xbox music crashes every time I try to open it.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that it takes awhile or several tries to wake the phone sometimes. Also, Xbox music crashes every time I try to open it.

im having the same problem, plus my start screen was crashing as soon as i'd wake up the phone sometimes, but it seemed like that started happening after I pinned Cortana to the start screen, so now that I took her off, it seems to not crash. but still, waking the phone up take a couple seconds sometimes or an extra push of the power button. I believe Daniel Rubino mentioned it in his WP 8.1 review, he was using it on a Lumia Icon. hopefully it's addressed soon.

I have no issues with Xbox Music though

MarkCSimpson

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yep...I've got it and I'm very happy with it so far. Cortana is great. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with Windows voice recognition. My old Android would always get something wrong, but Cortana gets me, Boston accent and all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss