Can anyone that's updated to 8.1 use a GPS app in their car without problems?

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
As the title states, I'm having an issue where any GPS app that I run (such as HERE Drive+ or CoPilot), when it attempts to announce a new instruction, my car thinks that I am attempting to dial someone and not only changes the display to the bluetooth phone dialing screen, but also pauses my music for much longer than usual. It "dials" for about 5-6 seconds even with short instructions like "now turn right" and then resumes my music. It's incredibly annoying and makes any GPS app unusable right now. It also keeps my car display on my phone dial screen every time it happens and doesn't revert to whatever I had displayed prior. My car is a 2013 Chrysler 300 with Uconnect bluetooth if it matters

Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
FWIW I used Here+ twice today while hooked up to my car's Bluetooth and it worked fine for me. Honda Ridgeline with a Audiovox DVice Bluetooth interface installed.

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
You used Here Drive or which one? I posted a thread like this on the 8.1 forum and another user said the same thing I did about it not working

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Yup! Been having this same issue! Everytime it goes to give me a direction my car thinks its a phone call and after the directions are over with my car says "thank you goodbye" every time. It was so annoying that I had to unlink my car from the phone untill I figure out what is causing it.

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Yup! Been having this same issue! Everytime it goes to give me a direction my car thinks its a phone call and after the directions are over with my car says "thank you goodbye" every time. It was so annoying that I had to unlink my car from the phone untill I figure out what is causing it.

Same exact problem minus the "thank you goodbye" part which I assume is car specific. This sucks :(

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You used Here Drive or which one? I posted a thread like this on the 8.1 forum and another user said the same thing I did about it not working

Apologies. Yes, I was using Here Drive+. I was also playing music off my SD Card simultaneously and even asked Cortana a couple of questions along the way (Cortana, Find me the nearest Car Wash). It's all working smoothly for me. One thing I did notice is that is seems to take just a little longer to kick the Music back in but not so much as to be annoying.

There do seem to be a number of odd Issues in general with Cortana and Bluetooth though and the only thing that is consistent is the inconsistency. For me for example if I connect to my Land-Line Base-Station (Our Wireless Home Phone supports 1 Landline and two Cell Phones via Bluetooth, very handy) Cortana can't hear me any more as it appears that she disables the microphone on my 1520. But that is a gripe for another thread....

peter14f

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue where any GPS app that I run (such as HERE Drive+ or CoPilot), when it attempts to announce a new instruction, my car thinks that I am attempting to dial someone

To see the problem check out this youtube video

For those experiencing the same problem, please vote this problem up here or here. I guess this is the best way to make MS know about the problem.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss