changing region suck your battery life?

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
yesterday i am playing with cortana while i charging my phone, until it fully charged, i change my region back to my country, after it rebooted, it drop battery to 34%, i was shocked, how would it suck out battery so much?

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. Your phone will use more power when set to a foreign region as it takes more power to send data over a longer distance.

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. Your phone will use more power when set to a foreign region as it takes more power to send data over a longer distance.

XBji8ye.gif

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I had some "wierd" battery behaviour with my L920 on Monday after installing the update. As with you, after a reboot to change language, it dropped from 60ish to 30ish - even on charge, the battery percentage was going down. Then, though, I rebooted and it jumped from 17% to 70%!

Yesterday, though, things were much more "normal". I tend to have my phone on a desktop charging stand most of the day at work, but when I got home last night the drain throughout the evening was similar to what I'd expect given the amount I was playing with the phone!

I seem to recall having something similar after installing the Dev preview of GDR3 (in other words, it took a day or so for the battery meter to re-calibrate).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism