Can't update to WP 8.1 - The update couldn't be downloaded (801882d2)

Michael John Sabido

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 720 and I can't update to WP 8.1. I have installed the initial update in preparation for the WP 8.1 update; but when I tried to download the WP 8.1 update itself, the download seems to take forever. I reached a maximum of about 16% and then it gives me an error - The update couldn't be downloaded (801882d2). When I retry, sometimes it continues and sometimes it goes back to 0%. This is so frustrating. :unhappy:

I've searched for some solutions and they say it's an issue about the wrong date and time so I changed my phone's date and time but it did not work. I also tried to change the region/country - still didn't work. My phone is also fully charged and the storage space left is about 1.2 GB.

Could this be an internet connectivity issue?

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I m also facing the same issue and not been able to download the 8.1 update, i almost tries around 30 times and every time i get this same error, every thing is right in my phone (date, country, region, etc etc) but still not able to download, now m fedup of this and decided not to give more tries because it only eats up my data (about 1gb) and nothing happens for me. I have also done so may soft resets but no result, my wifi is also working fine and there is no connectivity problem as i think so... So i leave this update for now i will try it later next month...

Michael John Sabido

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I have already confirmed that the error appears if you try to download the WP 8.1 update on an unstable and slow internet connection. I went to our neighbor's house to download the update since they have a reliable Wi-Fi connection and I downloaded the update there. Finally, I'm enjoying WP 8.1 on my 720 and I'm not having issues so far.

auwalumar

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 720 and I can't update to WP 8.1. I have installed the initial update in preparation for the WP 8.1 update; but when I tried to download the WP 8.1 update itself, the download seems to take forever. I reached a maximum of about 16% and then it gives me an error - The update couldn't be downloaded (801882d2). When I retry, sometimes it continues and sometimes it goes back to 0%. This is so frustrating. :unhappy:

I've searched for some solutions and they say it's an issue about the wrong date and time so I changed my phone's date and time but it did not work. I also tried to change the region/country - still didn't work. My phone is also fully charged and the storage space left is about 1.2 GB.

Could this be an internet connectivity issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3