More transparent tiles to show off those new backgrounds

Brian Holmgren

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Great app, gave it a well deserved five star.

Other than those I hope you will add:
- Authenticator (by Microsoft)
- Blink
- BodBot
- Fresh Paint
- Nokia Play To
- Nokia Refocus
- Office Lens
- Unit Converter Pro+

Thanks for making my start screen better!

EDIT: Just got the update!

millermk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i am all for apps that help in the experience of WP
but, please explain why you need these requirements for this type of app

App requires

music library
media playback
data services
movement and directional sensor
web browser component

I do not see a real purpose for them.

I can assure you they aren't being used for anything nasty (or at all actually). To be honest those are just the default and I never bothered to change it. In other apps I've made I've had issues with permissions (which don't show up during testing, only after submission) so I'm a little bit in the habit of just leaving them alone. Since you asked I'll remove them next update, I certainly agree with you that apps should declare unnecessary permissions, I wish Microsoft didn't default these to required.

millermk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Great app, gave it a well deserved five star.

For whats next, you write Nokia Transit, will it say that, it's HERE Transit also will HERE Drive open HERE Drive+?

Other than those I hope you will add:
- Authenticator (by Microsoft)
- Blink
- BodBot
- Fresh Paint
- Nokia Play To
- Nokia Refocus
- Office Lens
- Unit Converter Pro+

Thanks for making my start screen better!

Yes here drive will open whichever one your phone has (plus or standard). I'm pretty sure in the app I called it HERE Transit. As for the other apps I'd love to add them, but every app I use needs to have a Uri scheme registered, so I'm a bit at the mercy of third parties for which apps I can support, and the big devs (Microsoft and nokia) are unlikely to update their major apps in response to request from me. Unfortunately I think most of the apps you requested fall into the not possible category, but I will investigate more later tonight, and if any are possible I will certainly add them soon, I feel your pain! (p.s. There are third party authenticator apps with transparent tiles for free in the store if you're interested, although if you don't trust them I'd understand!)

Brian Holmgren

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes here drive will open whichever one your phone has (plus or standard). I'm pretty sure in the app I called it HERE Transit. As for the other apps I'd love to add them, but every app I use needs to have a Uri scheme registered, so I'm a bit at the mercy of third parties for which apps I can support, and the big devs (Microsoft and nokia) are unlikely to update their major apps in response to request from me. Unfortunately I think most of the apps you requested fall into the not possible category, but I will investigate more later tonight, and if any are possible I will certainly add them soon, I feel your pain! (p.s. There are third party authenticator apps with transparent tiles for free in the store if you're interested, although if you don't trust them I'd understand!)

I just got the update and all HERE apps have the correct name so many thanks for a great app, you have now given me 8 better tiles.
Thanks for the answer, the most important ones was the Xbox and HERE apps so again, thank you very much for the app.

Brian Holmgren

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the answer. All HERE apps have the right name and my start screen looks so much better. If it's possible to add any of the apps I listed it would be amazing but the most important ones where the Xbox and HERE tiles so again many thanks for the app, it delivers a small change with a big impact.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
thanks, will keep watch on this, also, i think a lot of these will eventually get transparent tiles anyway simply due to the fact they should.
I still encourage development of an app like this though for those that refuse to.
Thanks for the work you are doing

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
surely you are joking.... these transparent tiles provide access to those apps which govern media, music, sensor, web components...it opens those apps, and those apps need these services.

I don't want to hijack this thread by going unto details here. But, people should be concerned and more detail, further explanation is needed, as a whole.
Not just this app, but regarding all apps in the store. They can have far more reaching implications than mere rights to open those locations.
I will find a proper location to start a discussion on this.

So please do not ruin this thread with this discussion, if I can I will Link back to the new thread.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Love the quick update to the app. I've tested almost all of them and I think Tapatalk is the only tile that isn't working. It just opens to a black screen with 'loading' and stays there without opening the app itself.

millermk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Love the quick update to the app. I've tested almost all of them and I think Tapatalk is the only tile that isn't working. It just opens to a black screen with 'loading' and stays there without opening the app itself.

I'll look into it, I didn't test that one well since I don't user tapatalk myself.... Thanks for letting me know!

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with the game tile, the icon is exactly the same as the regular tile when it's medium or wide, but when it's a small tile the icon actually becomes way smaller than the original one... I use the small tile so I'd like to see that fixed... Sorry if this sounds like a stupid complaint but I'm very OCD about my start screen...

Thanks anyway for this app

Oh and I'd love a tile for Spotify btw :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo