How to remove Developer Preview and restore the 'old' WP8 on Nokia devices

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Better go to NOKIA CARE near your home and give them your phone to update it to whatever OS update they have!(in India, I found that many of the nokia care centers have Amber update) That's the easiest way to go back to WP8
1. Amber and WP8 are diff (one is firmware other OS) and the NC updates using NCS which downloads from the server hence is always updated with black (currently)....

pastosdev

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I?ve already tried to do the steps you told me to, and the Nokia software recovery tool just cannot read my phone?s information. Do you know what else can i do?
Thanks in advance

I really don't know anything else to suggest. I did this on Lumia 920 (RM-821) unlocked. I don't think it matters though.
All I can think off is the software not having the right access.
Go to your control panel and turn User Access Control (UAC) off, and try running the software again. If you have already done that, then I don't know what else to suggest.

Fahad Ahmad1

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
phone gets detected but it then says ' phone info package not found on server '
using lumia 620 n its battery life is pathetic after 8.1 DP install...

m desperate to get back to wp8..

Thelosouvlakia

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
So I didn't see it anywhere mentioned...
This rollback will be like a hard reset of the phone, right, I mean I'll get a phone that will be like the first day I got it, running Nokia Amber Update?

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I?ve already tried to do the steps you told me to, and the Nokia software recovery tool just cannot read my phone?s information. Do you know what else can i do?
Thanks in advance

When I flashed my L920 the first version of Nokia Care that I get doesn't recognize my phone, so I have to download another version, and works just fine.

cdanieljohn

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
1. Amber and WP8 are diff (one is firmware other OS) and the NC updates using NCS which downloads from the server hence is always updated with black (currently)....

I bought my phone and its already Lumia black, so if i roll back to wp8 is it still limits black? Or downgrade to amber? I'm confused. May i know what it the software version of black?

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought my phone and its already Lumia black, so if i roll back to wp8 is it still limits black? Or downgrade to amber? I'm confused. May i know what it the software version of black?
I think it depends on the version of the Nokia software recovery tool you use. The latest version supports rollback only to black. Not sure about the older versions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6