phone freezes and overheats After updating to Windows Phone 8.1

lawalhu

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 1020 to windows phone 8.1 yesterday and since then the phone has been frequently freezing and overheating. Since when I bought it in November 2013, it had never frozen, even for once, until the recent update. So far today, I did soft reset 3 times to reactivate the phone after it froze. I'll be glad if I get useful suggestions on how to tackle this problem

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was having similar problems with my Icon after 8.1 update. I also could not get to the store. I did a factory reset (settings | about | reset my phone | yes | yes), and that solved the store problem, and the phone hasn't locked up on me again - at least not yet.

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Just reboot your phone ! By pressing volume down button and power button simultaneously for about 15 seconds ( a black screen will appear)

jibupaul

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue since the update to 8.1.Two soft resets so far.Also noticed issues with charging (plugged in two nights and soon after disconnecting battery level drops to critical low). Never had this issue before .I assume by beta Cortana should be fed regularly with some power!!

Meathooks

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the overheating. But a few times now I've had the phone freeze overnight and have to soft reset. I've now tried turning off Glance to see if that helps.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am having a slightly annoying issue that only seemed to pop up in the past day or two. My phone has been freezing a lot, like 3-4 times a day and I have to do a Soft Reset.

Unfortunately soft reset puts the date at March 21, 2014 and I have to always reset the time and date(And then get like 100-200 of old text messages). I wonder what just start randomly causing this as it wasn't doing this on the first 2 days of the update. It only started happening yesterday,

Unlike most of the complainers on WPC, I am well-aware that I am utilizing a BETA or at least not fully close to Official version of 8.1 and I expect bugs.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just had the same on a 1020, it froze at 1.42am on the charger, had to do a soft reset when I woke up at 6.42am. Oddly the battery was at 77% even though it was still connected. It's the first freeze after the update on Tuesday. Probably unrelated, but I just started using Skype and WhatsApp yesterday. I had five WhatsApp messages waiting after the soft reset.

NHunt67

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
After reading various posts on the the internet, a lot of users have found that it's actually the Clock Hub App that is causing their phone to lag/freeze. I uninstalled the app on my Lumia 920 and my phone is working normal again. It seems like I too was affected by this app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa