How to upgrade to wp 8.1 without wifi

ton abraham

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The way i updated to 8.1 was by using my sister's phone. Enabled internet sharing on her lumia 520 ( which have a bsnl 3g data connetion) nd then i downloaded the update using my lumia 720's wifi :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Glaucio Coutinho

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I found the solution:

1) Buy an Iphone or Android phone
2) Put your own SIM Card inside this brand new device
3) Share your own internet connection through the WiFi
4) Start your old and limited Windows Phone
5) Connect to the shared hotspot you just started

Now you are able to download a simple update to your Microsoft cheap device :eck:

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Lots of semi helpful answers here. So one more from me - if you don't have wifi but a PC you can "upgrade" by using the software recovery tools but beware that this will erase all your data. So make a backup first perform the reset and then use the backup to get your data back.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Lots of bull**** answers here. If you don't have wifi but a PC you can "upgrade" by using the software recovery tools but beware that this will erase all your data. So make a backup first perform the reset and then use the backup to get your data back.

I would not call them Bull*** but one is definitely "cynical'. But what about yours. Indeed deed you can download and install the WPRT or the LSRT.
But can you back-up, set up and restore your phone without wifi?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Lots of bull**** answers here. If you don't have wifi but a PC you can "upgrade" by using the software recovery tools but beware that this will erase all your data. So make a backup first perform the reset and then use the backup to get your data back.

Well. If he has internet on his PC to download software tools which will then download the OS from his phone, he can use the same PC and create a hotspot from the PC to the phone..

Because I mean.. He must have internet on his PC to get these tools......

Right?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
You would need a wifi module in your pc to make a hotspot. Not every device has this. Well and we need to asume that he has some kind of internet connection otherwise he can't expect to perform any update.

So due to the fact that he has no WIFI available and can't perform the update over data connection the last possible solution for me is to use his desktops internet over recovery tools.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss