Podcast App Not remembering position

Adam.Sulli

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I love the new podcast app. There are so many good things about it, but one thing I've been experiencing is if I am listening to a podcast, then switch to a different podcast, the app won't save my position on the first podcast. When I go back to resume listening, it starts over from the beginning. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I tried the new podcast app, but have had to go back to Podcast Lounge (which is great btw).

The podcasts app is OK if you only occasionally listen to podcasts, but it needs playlists / auto delete / notifications when new episodes are available etc.

Hopefully it'll get all these features in a future update now that it's a separate app.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
There is auto-delete. You can set the number of episodes to keep in the 'Default series settings' in the general settings menu or you can adjust the settings per podcast.

I would like the position remembered, but I would also like podcast subscriptions to be backed up along with everything else in WP8.1's backup system, but they're not.

Still, the new app saves to SD card which beats all others. Just needs an update.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Podcasts not remembering their position was one of the final straws for me when I got rid of my Lumia 920, when I saw 8.1 had a native app for this was hoping they would solve this problem, can it really be that hard?

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Podcasts not remembering their position was one of the final straws for me when I got rid of my Lumia 920, when I saw 8.1 had a native app for this was hoping they would solve this problem, can it really be that hard?
It worked on the old podcasts. It always started where I left off. Sucks that this one doesn't. I also liked how it automatically started playing when I hit the tile from the start screen.

Fubecao

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem, and it's maddening. It won't remember your position in a podcast (except, I've noticed, if you only listen to a music file in between), like WP8 did. Pinning to start also took a step back - it doesn't start playing the podcast; rather, it opens the app (with 3-5 seconds of lag) and requires you to hit Play before it starts playing (from the beginning of the episode). Plus, if you make a pinned podcast into the Small tile size, it doesn't keep the podcast's art, but instead shows the generic app icon, so that if you have more than one podcast (or the app itself) as small tiles, you can't distinguish between them. This is a LOT worse than it used to be. I'm still holding out hope I'm just doing it wrong - any ideas?

Adam.Sulli

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I've also noticed that the new podcast app is what takes a huge hit on my battery. Especially if you use the 1.5x, or 2x button. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it is because I have new podcasts being saved on the SD card (SanDisk Extreme Plus 64 GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I)

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I've just noticed a bug with the new podcast app. The next/previous track buttons don't work. They just jump forward a little way in the same track, which is already covered with the position slider, but don't skip as indicated (as they have an arrow and bar indicating next track rather than a double arrow indicating fast forward). Not only that, but when a track ends naturally playback just stops. It does not move on to the next track as might be expected. If I use the headphone remote button I get the same result meaning I have to piddle about with the phone all the time when trying to listen to my podcasts.

Still, at least in the new app there are two advantages over the old one that can't be denied. 1) This one actually has podcasts listed to actually listen to and you can add your own RSS streams directly. Better than no content at all as it used to be. 2) Media is actually saved to the SD card now, as opposed to an option to save music to SD that seemed to apply to nothing at all including all the old podcast apps. Here's hoping for a fix to the new app to make it as good as third party apps but WITH sdcard support.

Oh, and no exceptional battery hit for me. Must be that 1.5/2x option which I don't use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss