TouchFlow randomly resets the phone?

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Just had another reset while typing with TouchFlow (fantastic and remarkably accurate feature) on my Lumia 920. The phone just freezes for a while and the reboots. Anyone experienced this issue? Don't know if it has a connection with such a behaviour, but I often switch keyboard languages (Polish and English).

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
No such issues on my black AT&T Lumia 1020. Sounds really weird, can't think of why it would cause a crash?

Then again, I've noticed using WordFlow for extended periods of time can make my phone really warm, and can hit the battery pretty hard. I'm still not sure if it's the apps I'm using while typing or WordFlow itself, but I'm becoming very suspicious of how much processing power WordFlow requires.

While unlikely, it does seem remotely possible the processing required to decipher your swipes is too much, causing the phone to crash. Unlikely, but at least worth considering. I'm still investigating, as I doubt it requires /that/ much power, but my battery seems to go down dramatically when I'm using it.

Hope that's not the case, as I really love the feature, but I'm willing to sacrifice the convenience in favor of battery preservation.

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
It looks like some kind of crash. The phone doesn't get hot or even warm excluding gaming, which is normal. Final build should fix my issue. During extensive 5 days of use I've had something about 3-5 reboots. Definitely not normal but still I can live with it waiting for the official release of 8.1. Once you try it there's no turning back to plain WP8 ;]

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've got a few problems with 8.1, but the benefits over 8 are simply too significant too ignore. So in sickness and in health, till apps and core do is part: 8.1 FTW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss