Microsoft account "Not up to date"

chilopilo

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had WP8 since the 920 launched and my microsoft account has always said " not up to date".
It has never been an issue, however after upgrading to 8.1 all my text messages and phone records
have no name attatched, and a lot of them are now "read only". I have changed my password multiple
times, checked and unchecked email sync, and nothing helps. My account uses a Gmail email
address, which is why I thought it always said that(still not sure though). If anybody has some insight
​please share, and thanks in advance.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had WP8 since the 920 launched and my microsoft account has always said " not up to date".
It has never been an issue, however after upgrading to 8.1 all my text messages and phone records
have no name attatched, and a lot of them are now "read only". I have changed my password multiple
times, checked and unchecked email sync, and nothing helps. My account uses a Gmail email
address, which is why I thought it always said that(still not sure though). If anybody has some insight
​please share, and thanks in advance.
Not sure on this one. I'd try contacting MS support and see if they can get it straightened out for you. If you haven't already, and you're willing to go through it, a hard reset and resetting it up may help.

chilopilo

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
MS support sent me in a circle from department to department, going to try a hard reset now...might lose everything...wish me luck!

chilopilo

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I just performed a hard reset in settings>about>reset phone.
The weird thing that was going on was that my hotmail account and my microsoft account are two
separate "things"(even though they use the same email/password) and they only work together
during initial setup. When I was having issues I tried to add the hotmail account and it said
there was already an account on the phone with that email. After the hard reset it let me add the
hotmail account. Interestingly, I have never used hotmail except to save contacts on my WP,
which is what dissappeared that started freaking me out in the first place.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I just performed a hard reset in settings>about>reset phone.
The weird thing that was going on was that my hotmail account and my microsoft account are two
separate "things"(even though they use the same email/password) and they only work together
during initial setup. When I was having issues I tried to add the hotmail account and it said
there was already an account on the phone with that email. After the hard reset it let me add the
hotmail account. Interestingly, I have never used hotmail except to save contacts on my WP,
which is what dissappeared that started freaking me out in the first place.
So all is looking good now? That's the way I read your post. I hope so, and if it's all straightened out, I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234