The list of things removed from 8.1 that need to be added back.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The list of things removed from 8.1 that need to be added back. ?€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Please Bring Back Inline Messaging to WP8.1

Bring back the original photos hub in 8.1

Bring back the notification pane on the Me Tile

Remove Games from the App List

This is the list of things that was removed from 8.1 that made WP unique, and now that they are gone, the experience is bland and awful. Nothing left to set it apart from the competition.

1) Facebook and Messenger/Skype integration in messenger app.
2) Facebook integration...period! Stop making us launch the app!!
3) Photo Hub panorama background picture.
4) Bring back the Music and Video hub. The stand alone apps are god-awful
5) Photo editing apps in Photo hub need to return.
6) Music apps need to be added in Xbox music if the hub isn't coming back. Same for video apps.
7) Get the games out of my app list and keep them listed in the games hub.
8) Facebook notifications in the Me tile.
9) Posting in the Me tile to all services, not just one at a time.
10) Facebook account to be listed in Emails and Accounts settings.
11) RSVP'ing to FB in events
12) Seeing my online albums I Photo Hub right away and not having to click a tile within a tile

These features are what made us fall in love with WP in the first place. They separated WP from the rest. Now we just have a watered down version of iOS and Android. The WP I love is dead. When I upgrade my phone next week, I will not be applying the update, even with all the cool features that have been added. You should have just added them to what was there and fixed the existing features. Not rewrote a whole new OS. And if these things aren't reverted by the time I am forced to update, I may as well move to another platform since they have the same functionality of launching apps, and are more supported by 3rd parties. We don't want launching apps. We want integration!

EDIT: Added links that address these issues individually.

VOTE AT THE LINKS ABOVE BEFORE WINDOWS PHONE AS WE KNOW AND LOVE IT IS DEAD!!!!!

Last edited:

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
All the FB stuff is for a reason. The idea was great but experience was so crippled that this new approach makes more sense. Its better that MS pushes to give us ONE great FB experience than 2-3-4 cripled ones. You see keeping many ways of doing things also eats resources from developement.

Music hub update is already on the way, I would wait and see how that is.

You forgot recent contacts page from people hub.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
They need to bring back the large typography on the top of the hubs. WP8.1 has destroyed the design of WP. They also need to bring back recent contacts to the people hub. also, they need to go back to the old design of the marketplace.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I shared an image today to FB, directly from the picture. When I pressed share and it opened the APP, I was so happy! Finally, that stupid idea where you have 2 different ways of doing things with FB is gone! 2 ways that both lack something (tagging friends, tagging location etc) was idiotic.... FINALLY some sense!

Dont get me wrong, the integrated part was a great idea and if it could be done like that, it would be the best way. However it was lagging features and it cant be updated fast enough. We still needed the app and then its just stupid. Finally maybe we are in a place that when something new happens with FB, we get it too with Android and iOS.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is thank the gods I was able to upgrade my phone, and now I'm back to good ol' 8.0. And I'm staying there. And to all the folks who are happy with 8.1, I am sincerely happy for you. But to knock those of us who aren't, is just plain wrong. Its not the bugs, as that's to be expected w/o matching firmware. It's the removal of beloved features, or needless changes that have us bummed. The added features, such as the Action Center, Cortana, sharing WiFi, start screen pics, and a few others are awesome. We just feel that they should have been added to what we already had. I personally, would rather do w/o them and keep the ones I know and love, since I've been without them this long. Everyone enjoy the Windows Phone version that suits you best, and for those celebrating, have a happy Easter. For those not, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

daniel620

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I think exactly the same... They added new cool and necessary stuff, but they messed up all the rest... I'm missing my phone the way it was and I'm thinking on going back... the Music + Videos app is one of my first reasons

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I shared an image today to FB, directly from the picture. When I pressed share and it opened the APP, I was so happy! Finally, that stupid idea where you have 2 different ways of doing things with FB is gone! 2 ways that both lack something (tagging friends, tagging location etc) was idiotic.... FINALLY some sense!

Dont get me wrong, the integrated part was a great idea and if it could be done like that, it would be the best way. However it was lagging features and it cant be updated fast enough. We still needed the app and then its just stupid. Finally maybe we are in a place that when something new happens with FB, we get it too with Android and iOS.

That's the thing. If I wanted Android ir iOS that's what I wudda got. Instead of being lazy and removing features, they shudda fixed them. 8.1 is not the original vision of WP. The vision that attracted most of us to it. I don't want an app launcher. I want "the worlds most personal phone" back.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
All the FB stuff is for a reason. The idea was great but experience was so crippled that this new approach makes more sense. Its better that MS pushes to give us ONE great FB experience than 2-3-4 cripled ones. You see keeping many ways of doing things also eats resources from developement.

Music hub update is already on the way, I would wait and see how that is.

You forgot recent contacts page from people hub.
I don't see it as crippled. I see it as what it was. A fast and easy way to do minimal things. If you wanted the full affect. Then you had the choice to use the app if u wanted. They took the convenience and choice away.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I think exactly the same... They added new cool and necessary stuff, but they messed up all the rest... I'm missing my phone the way it was and I'm thinking on going back... the Music + Videos app is one of my first reasons

I was lucky enuff that I had an upgrade. Otherwise I'd be stuck with it since you can't revert. Hope you have the same chance.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I believe there will be one app to let you post to all network, just imagine how 6tag do, and you can use 6tag at the Me tile...

Pix are one thing. Posts are another. (not being snarky, just clarifying). Also, why would I want a separate app when I had the me tile? (that was more towards MS then you).

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That's the thing. If I wanted Android ir iOS that's what I wudda got. Instead of being lazy and removing features, they shudda fixed them. 8.1 is not the original vision of WP. The vision that attracted most of us to it. I don't want an app launcher. I want "the worlds most personal phone" back.

Thats just not true. The problem was that some things you could do with the integrated and some with the app. It was confusing. Example: Integrated chat didt work with pictures... It happenned so many times when Im talking to a friend with the integrated and need to switch to the freaking app to do something. Idiotic, it really was. There are more examples, but it does not matter.

also the fact is that it does not make sense for MS to develop 2 ways of doing things. That takes resourses and its again; idiotic. Do it one way and make the best there is, not 2 ways that are both so and so.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
-OneDrive uploading from pictures hub
-old lock screen (I liked it alot)
(see first post in 'list what you DO NOT like' thread)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss