Live messenger no longer available in WP8.1

jlanzac

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I used windows live messenger with my wife a lot, but with WP8.1 it has dissapear and I'm only able to send SMS. Is there any way to have it back? Any free app to use it?

Thanks

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Live Messenger was being phased out already. It was already stopped in the desktop. WP seemed to be the only the only thing still using it.

Skype is supposed to replaces it, but that process has been slow.

I used it a lot because my reception at my house is really bad. At least I could still message my wife. But now I can't. I hope they hurt up with their Skype stuff.

nidO#WN

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The theory is that we'll get this back when Skype is updated to integrate into the messaging hub. Messages will then be send/receivable via Skype rather than Messenger, but for practical purposes they're now the same thing anyway.

jlanzac

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Then I'ill have to move to skype... only problem is that I don't have the chance to have two skype accounts simultaneously like on my desktop (work and personal)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The theory is that we'll get this back when Skype is updated to integrate into the messaging hub. Messages will then be send/receivable via Skype rather than Messenger, but for practical purposes they're now the same thing anyway.

Yeah. I just hope this happens sooner rather than later.

I live surrounded by mountains. As in... they're literally just across the street on opposite ends of my block. So of course.. my reception sucks.

jlanzac

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I asked about windows live messenger as it was the only messenger app that allows speaking to the phone and get the message typed. This was really useful when connected to car by BT. know messages are not read and I cannot answer to them with voice. (I don't have ilimited SMS)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234