'Couldn't take screenshot'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted14

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Trying to take a screenshot (obviously using the new method of power + volume up) doesn't work for me since updating to 8.1. The screen flashes as if it's taking the shot but it immediately displays

'Couldn't take screenshot' at the very top of the screen. Not in the usual message in a box where you tap okay to get rid of it, just the text appearing and little dots moving across the screen above it and disappearing in 1-2 seconds.

I can't seem to find anybody who has this issue and I performed a hard reset on my phone this morning but it didn't make a difference.
Is everybody else able to take screenshots?

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Twisted14

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a 16gb sd card with 12 free at the moment. Card shouldn't be corrupted, how do I go about checking it.

I'm taking screenshots of anything. Start screen doesn't work, doesn't work on any other apps either.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
try to soft reset, might be SD card problem of fast reading/writing, also, what grade of your SD card is? (recommended 6)

Twisted14

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Tried soft reset three times in a row, didn't work.

My SD card is class 10. Even still, screenshots were working just fine before the update.

I understand that bugs are to be expected in this release, I'm fine with that, I just can't seem to find anybody with the same issue.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm now having the same problem. I own a 1520. My phone free space is 20gb and my Sandisk extreme class 10 has 12gb of free space. I've tried taking a screenshot of the home screen, weather flow app, IE and music app with no luck... Restarted my phone and soft reseted it too with no luck... I've also tried deleting my old screenshot album with no luck. Anyone figure out how to save this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism