'Couldn't take screenshot'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
What class is your card?
I have the Sandisk Extreme 64gb Class 10. Screenshots worked before the windows phone 8.1 update so i don't think its the SD card. I have games like Modern Combat, NOVA 3 and other "HD" games installed on it and they run pretty legit. HD Video recording doesn't stutter or anything.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the Sandisk Extreme 64gb Class 10. Screenshots worked before the windows phone 8.1 update so i don't think its the SD card. I have games like Modern Combat, NOVA 3 and other "HD" games installed on it and they run pretty legit. HD Video recording doesn't stutter or anything.

I agree. Class 10 shouldn't be a problem. It sounds like it is a bug. Perhaps it might be worthwhile for you to add it to this thread. Maybe someone will even find a fix.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

As a temporary work around, can you save the screen shots to your phone then move them to the card?
I have not messed around with anything like that, not sure if it's possible.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
If before 8.1 was working and now is not working, but it is working in internal memory it can be because the firmware, Windows Phone 8.1 is running in old firmware, with new drivers.

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys, If your having problems with the cards, save what you can (copy to your windows desktop) and format your card. Then only reload what is necessary and try it again.

Twisted14

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had abandoned this thread pretty much. Looks like some people finally had the same issue.

I tried changing the storage location to the phone and it worked (not sure why I didn't think of that earlier) and then I formatted my sd card and changed pictures to save to it again and it fixed the issue.

I didn't think it would work because I formatted my card a week or two before the installing the preview due to sd error issues

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Twisted14

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys, it works now and I'm happy.

Sorry for the double post, accidentally hit send before and can't edit.

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
It is NOT a problem with a card. I have the same problem and I use an SD card that works fine for everything else (including saving photos when I take one with the camera). And all the other people seem to have no other problems with their SD card. So reformatting is NOT gonna work. It seems to be a bug that the "save screenshot" function simply can't save to an SD card. Sounds very much like a software bug.

And the solution to save it to your phone is not really a solution, as I use the SD card specifically cos I need a lot of space for my photos, and switching back between "save to phone" and "save to SD card" is way too much work.

veekoo

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Check the Pictures folder on your SD card. My 521 corrupts the filesystem left and right and had an empty file called "Screenshots" in the folder, so the phone could not create a folder for the screen shots.. Format should take care of that tho.

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not the SD card because I have a 920 and the screenshot it's not working. To be clear it had worked on occasions, but after taking one screenshot it doesn't want to take anymore. Soft reset did not fix the issue. Not going to do a hard reset for now, too time consuming. Annoying!!!!!

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem but since I have a 920 (over 5 GB free space) there is no sd card. Really getting tired of all the bugs in this. I may have to flash my firmware and just get cyan

Esam Elsaket

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
so I have the same problem I locked my screen and then press the old screenshot buttons (lock screen button + start button) a "something's changed" screen appeared so I closed it and press the new screenshot button (volume up button + lock screen button) it worked so try doing this :D

rohola

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
i had this problem early and i found the way to fix it
just delete your screenshot folder and if you cant find it, its because of it is hidden as same as mine

Narendra Kondajji

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
It works oh Phone but doesn't on SD Card on Lumia 1320. It creates another problem however. Programs installed on SD card won't run as long your photo storage option is "Phone". This bug needs to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3