Do you use the Swype Keyboard?

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It's really amazing. I've been using it a lot and I'm surprised how quick and accurate it gets, there are some miss-typed words but not enough to cause issues.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I love it, it's the only way I type now. Missed it so much from Android! And yes, everyone just calls it swipe, the name has gone generic, like it or not, lol!

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Don't throw stuff at me but it's just not for me. I make more errors now than I did before. I've looked and looked but don't see anywhere to shut it off. Did I miss it somewhere?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't throw stuff at me but it's just not for me. I make more errors now than I did before. I've looked and looked but don't see anywhere to shut it off. Did I miss it somewhere?

*Throws rock* :evil:

I'll tell you how to turn it off, but in exchange you have to promise to try it a bit longer. Once somebody gets the hang of it, you can fly through letters..

Anyway, it's under Settings | Keyboard then tap on your keyboard name, English (United States) in my case, and uncheck 'Type as I swipe through letters'

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
*Throws rock* :evil:

I'll tell you how to turn it off, but in exchange you have to promise to try it a bit longer. Once somebody gets the hang of it, you can fly through letters..

Anyway, it's under Settings | Keyboard then tap on your keyboard name, English (United States) in my case, and uncheck 'Type as I swipe through letters'

I did NOT know that extra settings menu was there. Thank you.

But, you have a deal. I will leave it on through the weekend and see how it goes.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, me too so far. I've never used swype keyboards before although I'm going to give it some time. Perhaps with some seat time we'll get quicker.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
The problem: I'm used to normal typing.
The solution: Forcing myself to use the swype style.
Result: Amazed at how fast and accurate it is and want to use it more!

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
My problem is that I am used to using space while swiping because I was using swift key in Android for about a year. So with this keyboard I am typing soy slow

hkdrj

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You people use it with one hand or both ? If I have the two hands available I use the normal keyboard, with one I swype.

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It was slightly difficult to adjust to initially since I'm so used to (and very good at) typing with both hands/tapping the screen. But a number of clumsy attempts later I can't live w/o it, it increases my accuracy too!

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If you go in settings> keyboard, tap on your language, you can see some options, you can turn it off (last option)

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I love it! Definitely one of my favorite features from 8.1. The only thing is, since I use my right thumb, sometimes I end up hitting enter by accident when I'm reaching to the left of the screen.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
it is surprisingly accurate. im texting my friends more and theyre bothered that im texting faster than they are.

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The swype style messaging is much faster than tapping out 1 letter at a time. Takes a little getting used to, but major speed and accuracy gains.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention