wanting the show off features.

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
wp 8.1 gives us all the basic features of a smart phone.
now im wanting some show -off features.
examples are ---
1. move the hand over the screen to unlock the phone.
2. shake phone left or right move to previous or next track in a music.
3. make the cortana be opened by voice .
4.zoom a image tap and hold it and then move the phone and image will move (by accelometer)
5. tap and hold a image with 2 fingers and move phone forward and backword and image will zoom in and zoom out.
6. say answer to answer a call.
7. face detection unlock.

i know i know , you all will be thinking that this will be of no use and sucks a lot of battery.
but they could have a togle to on or off them.
at usuall times we turn it off , and when some guests are to come or we are going to guests house for a hour or 2 than we can turn them on and show-off.

isn't it good.
i know they can make this easily and what is the loss in adding more options.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
These features sound like a lot of fun and I'm sure we will see some of them pop up in the future. They may not happen because:
1. Not enough people want it
2. It is too expensive to execute (at that time)
3. The technology isn't efficient

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
1. move the hand over the screen to unlock the phone. Hmm..so potentially on Goldfinger.
2. shake phone left or right move to previous or next track in a music. Maybe, but hard to distinguish left and right during a shake, also disastrous if you are running.
3. make the cortana be opened by voice . This is good, but would most likely be a battery killer.
4.zoom a image tap and hold it and then move the phone and image will move (by accelometer) Not seeing how this will be very useful in practical terms.
5. tap and hold a image with 2 fingers and move phone forward and backword and image will zoom in and zoom out. Also not much practical use...
6. say answer to answer a call. Perhaps in Driving Mode.
7. face detection unlock. Ergh, not very safe though, if they can hack fingerprint lock, this is way too easy.

But I agree on the part that we do need some show-off features.

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
i know these are battery killing features.
who says that we will use it ? these will only for show-off .Means turn them on for showing then turn it off.
means no battery sucker and people think our phone has more features than droids.

and those who are saying any of feature to be technically difficuult.
these are the features which are already in some phones (androids samsung)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro