Miss your comma on WP8.1? Here?s how to get it back

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Amongst the numerous changes in Windows Phone 8.1 is the strange movement of the comma key from the first level keyboard to the special characters, which apparently occurs when multiple keyboards are installed.

It turns out fortunately this is an easy change to reverse.

Simply go to Settings -> Keyboard ?> Advanced and check Show a comma key when available.

Besides those changes Windows Phone 8.1 also has a new cursor key, now working the same as Windows 8 Metro, with the cursor being manipulated by touching the small circle below it. The new cursor is more intuitive and allows more precise selection and placement, so overall seems to be a positive move.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Except for the initial cursor (really called a caret) placement. Previously you did a long press, and the caret would appear above your finger, and you could move it to where you wanted. It was very precise and easy to do. Now it acts like just like iOS or Android, which to me is difficult to do.

I've always wanted Windows 8 to use the phone method with touch caret placement. :eck:

Also, the option to Show comma when available, is grayed out for me on my L810 :unhappysweat:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium