I'm experiencing lag now that I have the 8.1 update

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
For the first time ever, my Lumia 920 is lagging. Is anyone else seeing lag with WP8.1?
Things like start screen animations, switching from the start screen to another etc...

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure it's not just perceived lag from the new animations? My 1020 and 520 are running better than ever (except the battery is draining faster on my 1020 post-update, while my 520 has better battery life than ever before. Very mysterious, still investigating).

But while the new animations look great, they are a bit slower in some aspects. Not because the animations themselves are causing lag, but simply because they're longer than the animations in WP8, and there are more of them. As such, it gives the /perception/ of being slower.

I personally like it, as the animations were stale in some aspects. They look wonderful. For me, everything feels faster and smoother, it's very beautiful. Runs like a champ!

It'd be nice if under the accessibility menu, they added an option to reduce animations (much akin to what Apple did for iOS 7), to help make things less flashy for those prone to motion sickness or what have you, and also for those who aren't fond of the longer animations.

L Kapoor

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No change did multiple soft resets since upgrading. And just now, for the first time in a year, the screen froze and was unresponsive. Had to do a soft reset. I hope Lumia Cyan would make it better. Whenever my friends ask me why Lumia 520, I tell them that it's cheap and it has no lags which is very rare in a low end device. So fingers crossed.

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It's not just you and it isn't just animations.

I find some text input is delayed as well as opening some apps. It's not horrible, but is not as quick as it previously was. I did a hard rest and a soft reset as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk