IE 11 destroys my battery. Anyone else? (920)

nikana

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Didn't see anything on this topic, and I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.(lumia 920)

Like many my battery is just kinda odd with 8.1, but I suppose the lack of a new firmware could/is the issue with some of it.

But I have noticed that IE11 just cooks my battery. I never had any issues with IE in 8.0, but it seems IE 11 is doing something thats causing the processor to just run at max. My phone gets really hot at the top. similar to the heat issues that were present until I believe Amber hit.

Anyone else having this issue?

nikana

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I turn off IE11 for background task, you can do it on battery sense.

It isnt the back ground task thats killing it, its just general usage.

I understand IE will normally be the most used task on a phone, and thus represent the most usage, but IE 10 never drained it the way it does on 8.1, or caused a noticeable elevated heat level on the processor and back of the phone.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The more features you add, the more tax on power consumption. Its all about optimization from here on out..

The easier way out, which has been the industry standard for the past 5-6 years, is to wait for the hardware to become so powerful, that it would hide any poorly optimized software. Android relied on that for the first 5 years of its life.. just keep putting more RAM and more CPU power in there until our ****ty software doesn't lag any more.

So here maybe Microsoft can do the same.. a 4000-5000 mah battery would hide whatever shortcomings IE11 has in terms of batt drain, it would still be there, but you won't notice. Or some brand new battery tech.. I dunno

There is a balance here somewhere.. you can keep asking for your device to do more without sacrificing resources..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium