Quiet Hours not working

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
One of the features I was really looking forward to was Quiet Hours, but it doesn't always work. For instance, I have Cortana monitor all 3 of my calendars (Outlook, Family Room and Exchange for work.). Cortana never puts my phone into Quiet Hours, even though calendar items are marked as Busy. I have to manually enable Quiet Hours. I also have the automatic Quiet Hours enabled. It will be enabled, but never disable when the time is up. I know this is beta, but does anyone else have this?

Also, is anyone else upset that the toggle button to switch between Vibrate Only and Audio Alerts in the Volume bar was removed in WP8.1? I get that Microsoft wants folks to use Quiet Hours, but that's not always what we want. I just want to silence my phone but still have it vibrate.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
my scheduled quiet hours worked at first, now doesnt seem to kick in and show the moon symbol in the status bar

but regarding the vibrate option in the volume bar, that option is there for me, you just have to press the arrow on the right to extend it, and then there is the option on the bottom left.

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The "Vibrate On" link is not the same. I want the "Vibrate Only" button we used to have in the upper Right when displaying the volume.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
point taken, i see what u mean, that was handy, now its a few extra clicks, as now to get that same result you have to what i said above, and then press the bell icon at the left of the ringer + notifications section of the volume bar which changes it instantly to silent, the two combined giving you vibrate only, albeit more long winded.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Quite hours doesn't understand that my inner circle sometimes call me on Skype! Or send me a Facebook message. That's a very week implementation.

I mean if they send me call me on Skype the phone doesn't ring. That's really really sad. Microsoft do not really use WP when they develop I really think thru all have iPhones other wise someone would have thought, wait a second, if my inner circle is allowed to go through why aren't any Facebook messages or Skype calls do! Ha that's weird, let me call Joe from the development department. That's how I feel. They do not test it at all! How can such small things be missed!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
point taken, i see what u mean, that was handy, now its a few extra clicks, as now to get that same result you have to what i said above, and then press the bell icon at the left of the ringer + notifications section of the volume bar which changes it instantly to silent, the two combined giving you vibrate only, albeit more long winded.
It's one extra click, assuming you always have vibrate on. Instead of volume -> volume/vibrate toggle, you click volume -> audio type dropdown -> bell (mute/unmute)
You also have the option of turning off volume AND vibrate now, which we couldn't do in the volume control before.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
it wasn't me with the issue, for the OP, it isnt just one more click, i think its a few more actions, as previously, he could just press volume then one press to have what he wanted.

now, you press volume, have to click the arrow down, then a vibrate option and the bell option depending on what you already had set, so two more moves for him by the sounds of it.

It's one extra click, assuming you always have vibrate on. Instead of volume -> volume/vibrate toggle, you click volume -> audio type dropdown -> bell (mute/unmute)
You also have the option of turning off volume AND vibrate now, which we couldn't do in the volume control before.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The vibrate only function is there, just tap the bell icon and music icon, granted we have lost the on touch vibrate only as we had in 8.0.

Also my scheduled quiet hours work 8 pm to 8 am and has caused quiet a stir especially the auto-text as I have set it to no one can break through.

Would be nice if we could set relevant responses based on the time of day. For example someone texts you at 1 am and instead getting this "Hi, the person you're trying to reach is busy and may not respond right away.
- Windows Phone auto-reply"

They would get this "Sod off I am asleep!, text me during normal hours you damn insomniac.
- Windows Phone auto-reply" lol.

I have Location turned off during the day, as it drinks my battery like a parched bear drinking water...
So I cant say if Cortana does enable quiet hours during scheduled appointments throughout the day.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
The "Vibrate On" link is not the same. I want the "Vibrate Only" button we used to have in the upper Right when displaying the volume.
I would like this also. To many steps to get into vibrate only mode and then back again. Ridiculous. Should be very , very quick and simple.

Not seeing this on my icon. How do I get to it ? TIA
The vibrate only function is there, just tap the bell icon and music icon, granted we have lost the on touch vibrate only as we had in 8.0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)